Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 15.14.31.png

Interesting to see if sister ship 'Prime Ace' bears any fruit. She's currently docked at North Port, where DJ was, loading up with BYD, Great Wall, Chery, Polestar, Tesla?

Reactions: Jules22
I just got the email from Tesla regarding stamp duty for NSW. They included a copy of my proof of deposit to show revenue NSW for getting my stamp duty refunded.

The NSW Government recently announced that the current stamp duty exemption for eligible EV purchases will end on 1 January 2024.

Individuals and businesses that have purchased or placed a deposit on an eligible EV prior to 1 January 2024, and are awaiting delivery of the vehicle, may still be eligible to receive the stamp duty exemption if the vehicle is registered on or before 30 June 2024.

Please note that Revenue NSW have introduced new requirements for deliveries occurring on or after 1 January 2024:
  • The Deliver To name on your final invoice must match the name on the Motor Vehicle Order Agreement. Note, any changes may impact your eligibility.

• Proof of Deposit; you will now be required to provide a receipt of deposit paid – we have attached a copy of your receipt for this purpose, please use this when you are completing your application.

• Stamp Duty; from 1 January 2024, the stamp duty exemption will become available as a post-delivery refund. As a result, your financier will be required to pay stamp duty at time of registration which you can claim back from Revenue NSW post-delivery. In line with these changes, the driveaway price of your Model 3 has increased. In the coming days, we will send you an email with an updated Motor Vehicle Order Agreement to reflect the required stamp duty amount.
Please note, there may be some implications around re-signing documents and we kindly ask that you speak with your novated lease provider to make any necessary arrangements.

Reactions: Chargedpixels
I wonder how much impact the Glovis Caravel has had on delivery times? Any chance it was supposed to head back to China for Model 3s after dropping off it's Ys in Australia?
God, I hope not haha...

Considering I'm caught up in the GC fiasco waiting for my partner's Model Y, not sure I could go through it again if my M3LR ended up on that ship too 😅

• Funny
Reactions: Jules22
Interesting to see if sister ship 'Prime Ace' bears any fruit. She's currently docked at North Port, where DJ was, loading up with BYD, Great Wall, Chery, Polestar, Tesla?

So doesn't look like it's done a trip to Australia before, doesn't mean it can't though, so still DJ as number 1 at least for another 24 hours or so but I'll keep digging on this one and see if we can find where it's headed.

Reactions: e-enthusiast30