Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought the same thing but he said they wouldn't pay without having a physical car in my possesion, otherwise they'd be paying for "air". He was like "what if we paid and the boat that has your car sank before delivery?"
Are you sure the person you spoke to was right?
Screenshot_20220712-143102_Outlook.jpg

Reactions: Greyalset
On the (i guess?) plus side, the Euro just plunged against USD to parity. While the AUD remained relatively stable. So that might make selling in Europe slightly riskier and less attractive today than it was previously.

Good time for Tesla to pump out those Australian orders perhaps?

I.e. Tesla will now make 16c per dollar less selling in Europe compared to last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: *Sparkles*
M3RWD Black with White - Brisbane
OD - 28/01/22

There is 2 weeks left to keep the current low interest rate for the loan. I WANT MY VIN!!
How many times is too many to update my app during the day :)
Think of it the other way around. By constantly refreshing you'll be best positioned to provide an update to everyone else on here.

Welcome aboard the slow train.

Mildly disappointing day, but with all those Perth LR VINs up to the end of Feb allocated, it’s hard to see how similar east coast orders won’t follow.
Yes I hope they haven't messed up and can more or less match the order dates for non-WA within the next shipment and one after that. As someone mentioned earlier, there aren't many days to M3 line shutdown and when it comes back it may be producing LHD again.

Going off past experiences, it would mean production might not start for export again until October if they switch to domestic.

I personally think people are overestimating the impact an increase in production of 250-300 M3s a day will have on our current situation. Yeah it'll have an impact by the end of 2023 but it doesn't help us much now... Bigger increase for Ys.
The supposed 'source' for this is a comment from Wu Wa. Nothing was said about the model 3 line shutting down, the only thing I read was phase 2 (I assume the model Y line) being back in production from today. They may well continue till the 18th with the original schedule for the model 3 line. Not that that schedule necessarily has anything for AU/NZ in it given that it's too late to make it to Clara and we don't know if they are planning a run for Passama or Crystal.

Reactions: coref1
This afternoon, I have noticed that there’s some change in my tesla account.
It is saying drafting up my invoice.

OD:5 Feb (14-20 weeks), postponed to Aug-Oct in Jun
M3LR white-white with 19” wheels noFSD
no VIN yet
Sure the region is right? Looks like a classic case of Tesla redirecting you to the US region website.

It always redirects me to the en_GB.