Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read somewhere that Elon is talking about putting a hold on new orders.

Curious what the opinion on this is. Do you think it would be a good idea to suspend new orders, so they can catch up on the backlog ??
I think it's a good move for Tesla and for consumers. The economy is too rocky right now for a solid outlook on pricing. You wouldn't want to set a price now and have the price rise or fall by a significant margin. Imagine paying 80k now and orders 15 months from now being 60k. Or 100k. You would be happy with one and decidedly not happy with another. And so would Tesla.

Reactions: *Sparkles*
Screenshot_20220513-093645.png

I haven’t had any contact, email, text or call, ever since the initial congratulations call back when I placed my order.
No contact for me today yet. As far as i can sleuth, almost all people getting a call this morning are either midnight silver or blue orders. With one exception being a white/black LR. And all photos i have seen from Shanghai, all cars except 3 are black or white.

Still plenty of time left in the day for me to get a call however. But i will retain my optimism.

Last edited:
Hi all, just found this forum recently. Great info in here.

The wait is so excruciating. Watching YouTube about Tesla's is getting a bit stale, just wanna drive!

My estimate for delivery: quoted 14-20 weeks plus 2 weeks delay for "components", 5 weeks delay for China lockdown. Predicting a July date. If it's after that then I'm gonna go insane haha

Ordered M3 RWD Blue/Black
OD: 13/01/2022
VIN: ???
EDD: ???
Got a call from SA. Apparently my car is close to the top of the queue for Perth and delivery is set for "second half" of 2022.

I "may" get a delivery date update in the next few weeks...

Imagine paying 80k now and orders 15 months from now being 60k. Or 100k. You would be happy with one and decidedly not happy with another. And so would Tesla.
In the past, Tesla has passed on price drops before delivery to existing orders. If they see a significant chance of price rises in the future though, it'd make sense to suspend orders so that they don't end up on the hook for a lot of cars at loss-making prices.

Reactions: *Sparkles*