Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are a bit of an odd bunch, sharing the same trauma of buying a Tesla. Dont know if anyone actually knows anyone else in real life but it doesnt matter.

When you get your Model3 and you are driving down the road - if you see another model 3 highland, give them a wave, it might be someone from here. If you see a new Model Y keep clear, it might be a glovis caravel survivor and they have been thru a lot, likely to snap.

Also, if you see a highland on a roundabout, well, if you know you know.

There are the dizzying highs, the spiralling lows and the weird bit inbetween where you can generally pick up some random post about forklifts, onions or thunking doors.

Welcome!

In the S3, I'd get waves and reciprocate to others.

Moving forward, expecting the same from Tesla's especially highlands.

BYDs will get the bird, or I'll fart at them using Boombox.

Seems that Tesla don’t know my number plate until the day before collection. So will wait for that then pay the one off fee for my black plates. 👍🏻
Annoying they don’t provide a wider selection of plate designs when you order the car
As you'd expect - you wouldn't want the car registered, and that paid for, too far ahead of it actually being in your hands to drive!

As above, if you don't care for the combination, you can drive to Service NSW and swap it (surrendering your existing plates) for one of the styles they have in stock there instead of restyling the combination you get.

Keeping up to date on the MY thread about Morning Crystal and Paganella. Sounds like they have all been told their cars are on those vessels, which doesn’t bode well for us poor NSW people still waiting for VINs.

Hopefully they just got told early because of the GC issues and there are still cars left onboard to be allocated.

Keeping up to date on the MY thread about Morning Crystal and Paganella. Sounds like they have all been told their cars are on those vessels, which doesn’t bode well for us poor NSW people still waiting for VINs.

Hopefully they just got told early because of the GC issues and there are still cars left onboard to be allocated.
Some of them got VINs for cars that were built after they were shipped so id wait to see what happens when it gets closer imo

Been driving a 23 M3LR that I've rented in the UK. Took a long drive west from LHR and then driving around highlands (geographically speaking - not the M3 type). It is a beautiful ride - so smooth and launch is amazing. I cant wait to get back home and drive the new M3H when it arrives Feb hopefully. My only complaint is that on sections of the motorway which have small undulations between sections, the great handling stiff suspension causes the head rest to thwack me in the back of the head repeatedly until I adjust seating position. I think the M3H will be a bit kinda to me on such surfaces. Temps here are -4 to +4 degC - still not concerned about range as plenty of charge options about. Unfortunately I've not yet charged at a Tesla super charger but should do so during the next few weeks. Cost per kWh here is outrageous (0.50p to about 0.87p) from what I have seen so far. Glad back home we have solar and can charge for peanuts.
Wow, those prices are crazy!

Hello there
IMG_0319.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0320.jpeg
    IMG_0320.jpeg
    568.8 KB · Views: 17
Hi All,

New member here:
Ordered Model 3H Stealth Grey RWD Nova 19" dated: 4 Oct 2023
Came on Beluga ACE - Estimated Sydney Delivery 30 Jan - 20 Feb 2024
Location is Chatswood, NSW
Awaiting Delivery Date.

Latest Update from Tesla which came today in an email response:
The vehicle is waiting to be offloaded at Port Kembla due to a slow processing time, Once it's transferred from the wharf and is in our yard for processing, you'll receive more information on us around scheduling. We'll keep you informed when we do have that information to provide.
~
Delivery Operations Manager
Chatswood, NSW

Hi All,

New member here:
Awaiting Delivery Date.

The vehicle is waiting to be offloaded at Port Kembla due to a slow processing time, Once it's transferred from the wharf and is in our yard for processing, you'll receive more information on us around scheduling. We'll keep you informed when we do have that information to provide.
~
Chatswood, NSW
Sounds like the ports are backed up a bit there!

Hi All,

New member here:
Awaiting Delivery Date.

~
Chatswood, NSW

I was on the same boat for mine, but for pick up in Alexandria. My date has changed to Jan 24 - Feb 14.

Reactions: X Æ A-12