Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That carwow comparison between the M3LR and the BYD Seal was excellent!
I was quite surprised with how much the tesla reeled the seal back in over the standing 1/4!!

The precision of the Teslas handling is what im excited about.
My 330rwkw VF2 SSV Redline is super fun and handles really well considering how big, heavy and RWD it is - my model 3 long range is seemingly going to be exactly the kind of daily driver ive been looking for 👊

2017 Audi S3 Sportsback for the last 6 year, but sold in September and driving a 1993 Corolla Seca since then (thanks to old mate, but looking forward to returning back to him).
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2013
Cars seen headed to Alexandria (SYD) delivery centre.. lucky buggers

View attachment 1009228

I moved from Chatswood to Alexandria - still no VIN and Jan-March eta but this gets me a bit more hopeful

Reactions: dronus
I'm starting to think this is the case tbh. The cars from the Don should be delivered by now you'd think esp in Mel. You can see why they'd rather furiously install those plastic grommets now than deal with a recall in the news later.
I have a bad feeling this is the case too. Looks like the Perth shipment has been moved to storage in a driver training facility which is different than the normal process, and there have been no 'schedule delivery' texts yet here either. The unload only happened Friday, so whilst its not that long ago it is late compared to all previous deliveries I can see.

Would be very happy to be wrong!!

Reactions: avfc1982
I have a bad feeling this is the case too. Looks like the Perth shipment has been moved to storage in a driver training facility which is different than the normal process, and there have been no 'schedule delivery' texts yet here either. The unload only happened Friday, so whilst its not that long ago it is late compared to all previous deliveries I can see.

Would be very happy to be wrong!!
Shouldnt take them very long, and if that is what they are doing it would certainly help to quieten down the MSM who are ready to pounce on anything Tesla they can.

I agree with this and to be honest it surprises me - more so the lack of LR. The performance is a fair bit more expensive but feel the LR you get a fair bit more for a moderate uplift (4wd dual motor, faster with hopefully boost in the future, better sound system, more range etc). Each to their own though!

Can't wait for this. I have an older Japanese car from 2008 era so it's going to feel like a massive leap forward! To be fair it's been super reliable but ready for some new cool stuff!
Yeah the LR seems to be the sweet spot but I doubt sales match that. I had the LR booked in and then changed to P when LCT rates changed. I couldnt resist that second off the 0-100. I did test drive both the LR and P and TBH the LR is still dangerously quick!

Anyone from Melbourne with a car from the Don Juan received a delivery date yet? It’s been almost two weeks since I received notification the car was in Australia and still nothing!
Just got off the phone with Tesla who told me notifications will be going out this arvo or tomorrow for DJ cars. Getting excited but I will take that info with a grain (or spoon) of salt until it happens!

I’m surprised it’s taking 3 weeks for a car to get from PK to Miranda
I'm with you. Then again, we aren't the only people picking up teslas. My current hypothesis is that they're booked out until then with people picking up cars? I've never been to the Miranda (or any) dealerships so I'm not sure what their capacity is like for storing cars.

All I know is that our cars are expected/scheduled to arrive at the pick up location 1-2 days prior to pickup so they can wash/detail and register the vehicles.

I'm with you. Then again, we aren't the only people picking up teslas. My current hypothesis is that they're booked out until then with people picking up cars? I've never been to the Miranda (or any) dealerships so I'm not sure what their capacity is like for storing cars.

All I know is that our cars are expected/scheduled to arrive at the pick up location 1-2 days prior to pickup so they can wash/detail and register the vehicles.
Just thinking about that.
Im guessing that car dealerships / delivery centres have a stash of numberplates and some kind of login to the RTA so they can enter the details as required?
Shirley they dont have to attend the RTA and register cars, would be some back door entrance deal ?

Reactions: X Æ A-12
My shout this round
IMG_2136.jpeg

Just thinking about that.
Im guessing that car dealerships / delivery centres have a stash of numberplates and some kind of login to the RTA so they can enter the details as required?
Shirley they dont have to attend the RTA and register cars, would be some back door entrance deal ?
I believe they do have a box of plates that they purchase from the local vehicle registry.

Then they'd assign plates from the box to their vehicles and likely log into a portal to add said plates to the VIN number accordingly.

for NSW.
1705370108964.png

Last edited: