Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nissan LEAF?

A lot of people bagged the LEAF. I mean, seriously bagged it. The original Tesla company Forum was a hotbed of HATE for the LEAF.

But it’s been a fine car for us. Very reliable. We didn’t have expectations of it beyond its capabilities. It got us into EVs and eventually getting a Tesla.

We still have it.
I drove a Leaf once via the company I worked for at the time and it was a lovely car. I enjoyed how quiet it was (with the PWS turned off), how it handled and the fun musical score it plays when you turn it on. My only issue was its range so once the Model 3 was released here in Australia, I got one of those instead. The Leaf deserves more credit than it gets.

Nissan LEAF?

A lot of people bagged the LEAF. I mean, seriously bagged it. The original Tesla company Forum was a hotbed of HATE for the LEAF.

But it’s been a fine car for us. Very reliable. We didn’t have expectations of it beyond its capabilities. It got us into EVs and eventually getting a Tesla.

We still have it.
I was just talking to a guy this morning while the car was charging. His mate imports nissan leafs from japan!

Reactions: Vostok
Wodonga SC. Showing people teslas is thirsty on the juice..

IMG_9133.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Tesl3on
Im not sure. He said he imports them, retrofits them and sells them but im not sure what that means
All Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) Nissan Leafs have the CHADEMO DC charge port and J1772 AC port. Later Australian delivered Gen 2 Leafs changed the AC port to type 2 but I think JDM versions did not.
In addition JDM market cars have Japanese language on the binnacle and centre screen. It’s fairly easy to change the binnacle to English but the centre screen is a different story, plus it has physical buttons with Japanese characters on them and the Navigation only covers Japan and doesn’t work in Australia.
So lots of JDM importers have solutions for these and other issues.

Reactions: Vostok and dronus
Tried updating the UMC again, this time with the battery at 100%. Still no dice.

I saw someone on facebook posted some comms with Tesla support. The response was that it is currently not working on the latest versions, didn't mention if it was Highland specific but sounds like it's a software issue. Hopefully will get resolved soon.

I just reached out to Tesla to ask whether I should bring in my UMC next week to get the firmware updated. Their response:

View attachment 1018418

Has anyone confirmed that they could update their UMC firmware on the new M3?
Been at 100% well stuck on 99% but says complete for the past 5 hours, saying completed charge but still stuck at 8amp

Cars locked currently screens are off

Will leave overnight see if changes to 10amp