Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 highland accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I might have posted these before, but this one seems to be insulated?

Portable Storage Box Waterproof Organizer Packets Highland
I’ve invested in a brass monkey 15l fridge freeze which sits in the subtrunk. You can get them for about 150 bucks when they’re on sale from jaycar or rtm.

Works great especially the Bluetooth one, and is powered by the powered socket.

I was thinking about the insulated bags but personally think they’re a much better option if you’re wanting to keep things cold.

Reactions: dronus
I’ve invested in a brass monkey 15l fridge freeze which sits in the subtrunk. You can get them for about 150 bucks when they’re on sale from jaycar or rtm.

Works great especially the Bluetooth one, and is powered by the powered socket.

I was thinking about the insulated bags but personally think they’re a much better option if you’re wanting to keep things cold.
Cool, sounds good!
Ive got a waeco fridge that runs on 12/240 i was going to try, its not often i use it these days anyway and probably wont bother if the wiring isnt up to scratch.
Do we know if those outlets run from the 12v battery? If they do they might not last very long? Not sure how all that works..
The front bags woukd be more for organisation i guess, just an idea.

Here's the official word from TIntHaus. So if in the rare event the sunroof / rear window were to crack, neither they nor Tesla would warrant it. However in saying so they have done thousands of Tesla's and not one was damaged over the years, and they still offer lifetime warranty the tint itself.

"For the rear screen we only use the Carbon based film which is not the XR Black ceramic. the Carbon film reflects minimal heat but does not absorb heat like a ceramic film does.

Whilst it is not as effective as the XR black ceramic at reducing heat is still cuts total solar energy by over 40% and is the only option which is safe to use on the rear screen.

The film we use will not adversely affect the radio transmission (as mentioned in my initial email), nor will it impact the demister lines in the back window.

Again, that’s correct we will not cover any cracking under warranty due to the tint fitment (nor will Tesla)

We will still however, provide a lifetime warranty on the rear screen against bubbling, peeling, lifting and discolouration."
I wonder why it's not an issue with the Model Y?

Cool, sounds good!
Ive got a waeco fridge that runs on 12/240 i was going to try, its not often i use it these days anyway and probably wont bother if the wiring isnt up to scratch.
Do we know if those outlets run from the 12v battery? If they do they might not last very long? Not sure how all that works..
The front bags woukd be more for organisation i guess, just an idea.
The low voltage sockets are powered from the low voltage battery. But when the low voltage battery needs a charge it gets it from the high voltage battery.

I’ve run the from the powered socket a couple of times now while camping, fridge has been running for up to 12hrs at a time and never had any issues. Sentry mode just needs to be on keep it running.

Only prob with the model 3 is there’s no socket in the boot unlike the model Y so you’ll need to run the cable to the centre console where the socket is.

Reactions: dronus
The low voltage sockets are powered from the low voltage battery. But when the low voltage battery needs a charge it gets it from the high voltage battery.

I’ve run the from the powered socket a couple of times now while camping, fridge has been running for up to 12hrs at a time and never had any issues. Sentry mode just needs to be on keep it running.

Only prob with the model 3 is there’s no socket in the boot unlike the model Y so you’ll need to run the cable to the centre console where the socket is.

I've been looking at this fridge for the subtrunk - such a shame there is no plug in the 3! For anyone with the highland already is it feasible to run a cable from inside the car to the boot? I'm assuming just behind the arm rest?

With something like https://amzn.asia/d/6PdxxSV ?

@Cocoboy

IMG_8387.jpeg

Tesla Model 3 Model Y Alloy Car Model Diecast Metal Toy Vehicles Car Model

Reactions: Cocoboy and Mes1
Think would be same clause on the Y as well, since similar roofs right 🤷‍♂️

No, remember the Y’s tailgate opens higher up. So effectively it is more like a standard rear window. The 3 is one long piece of glass from the middle all the way to trunk.

There are enough stories on this on Reddit, including from people to do the tinting, to make me happy not to do it. There clearly is an issue that can happen. They say the demister wire can just fall out the glass.

I guess you are taking a punt if you do it, and probably be okay, but if Tesla refuse to replace under warranty and Insurance won’t pay, it could be an expensive punt!

I am very happy with how mine looks, it doesn’t look weird at all to not have the rear tinted. I actually quite like the way it gradually clears as you go down the rear window.

Reactions: Mes1 and dronus
No, remember the Y’s tailgate opens higher up. So effectively it is more like a standard rear window. The 3 is one long piece of glass from the middle all the way to trunk.

There are enough stories on this on Reddit, including from people to do the tinting, to make me happy not to do it. There clearly is an issue that can happen. They say the demister wire can just fall out the glass.

I guess you are taking a punt if you do it, and probably be okay, but if Tesla refuse to replace under warranty and Insurance won’t pay, it could be an expensive punt!

I am very happy with how mine looks, it doesn’t look weird at all to not have the rear tinted. I actually quite like the way it gradually clears as you go down the rear window.

Is there some 'light' tint in the side and rear (window) glass?

Is there some 'light' tint in the side and rear (window) glass?

There is in the rear, and was in the sides, but I have gone with max tint on the sides.

The rear looks like this. And I appreciate it might seem odd to have the sides tinted dark and not the rear, but the truth is to look at it is doesn’t look odd at all. In fact I try to imagine it tinted and not sure it would look good anyway.

IMG_3234.jpeg

IMG_3235.jpeg

There is in the rear, and was in the sides, but I have gone with max tint on the sides.

The rear looks like this. And I appreciate it might seem odd to have the sides tinted dark and not the rear, but the truth is to look at it is doesn’t look odd at all. In fact I try to imagine it tinted and not sure it would look good anyway.

View attachment 1008770

View attachment 1008771

No worries, love the look of the tint on your car, just seeing that rear undone does my OCD head in, I wouldn't be able to stare at the car seeing tints all around but then this empty space in the rear window untinted

Just my personal opinion, each to their own as the saying goes, congrats on your choice mate, if you're happy leaving the rear not tinted no worries.

I'll be getting my rear window done , and hopefully I won't be their the first customer ever in all these years and thousands of cars to be unlucky enough with the first crack haha

For those interested
Just a tip - I bought a couple of things initially from aliexpress. Hit and miss for some items but my suggestion is to wait until the items are listed on the crazyvictor ebay store. They are xcar located in Melbourne and if you check periodically they have a 20% off discount. That way you know stock is available locally and fits the car, if any issues they should be able to sort it out for you. I can see they have a couple of things already listed for highland on their store.

Looks like ebay now have a 15% off coupon for this store on most items (17% off if you're an ebay plus member).

Reactions: Mes1 and dronus
I think these are the type of floor mats i got and and confirm they fit in the m3h

There might be better deals out there now which include boot/frunk mats etc.

These mats are next level quality compared to the boot mat i bought from aliexpress though

It's great to hear you're satisfied with the floor mats for your Model 3! Quality floor mats make a significant difference in maintaining the cleanliness and aesthetics of your car's interior. While there might be various options available, if you're looking for top-notch quality and a perfect fit, you might want to check out TESERY's Tesla floor mats.

Explore the collection here to find mats that not only offer excellent protection but also complement the sleek interior of your Model 3. TESERY is known for providing accessories tailored for Tesla vehicles, ensuring that you get the best fit and durability.

It's great to hear you're satisfied with the floor mats for your Model 3! Quality floor mats make a significant difference in maintaining the cleanliness and aesthetics of your car's interior. While there might be various options available, if you're looking for top-notch quality and a perfect fit, you might want to check out TESERY's Tesla floor mats.

Explore the collection here to find mats that not only offer excellent protection but also complement the sleek interior of your Model 3. TESERY is known for providing accessories tailored for Tesla vehicles, ensuring that you get the best fit and durability.
It’s back