Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Australia] Turtle Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my MY delivered on July. I thought I better let you guys inform with what I experienced last Saturday in Sydney. I was driving through Silverwater Road and suddenly got an alert come out on the screen about 'Reduce Power' (Turtle mode). I managed to drive on the smaller road as a pre-caution. I followed the instruction on the alert to exit the vehicle and reenter to reset the turtle mode without any luck. Reset the car (Pressing the 2 buttons on the steering wheel and hold it for a few second until the screen goes blank) 7 times without any luck. Until the car completely stop on a traffic light and can't move even though the accelerator was pressed to the floor. I was in the bad situation and rang Tesla Road Assistance to suggest to ring 000 to have police come and block the traffic behind me that was getting heavier but alas 15 minutes without any assistant while waiting for the road assistant organizing a tow truck, I tried any thing and eventually when I used my wife's profile, it allowed me to drive again for a short distance until the turtle mode kicked in again. At least now I can park the car on the side of the road and safe from being hit by other cars from behind. Because of that day was a weekend and none of Tesla SC open so my car was towed to my home.

On Sunday I rang the Tesla road side assistant again to find out what's going to happen next which he made a service booking but alas it's for the Monday week rather. On Monday I got a call from SC chatswood that they would like to have my car to find out what went wrong so it's got towed again. I got no replacement car but was given an Uber voucher for $120 which I doubt I'm going to use it because I prefer a car. I'll keep you guys posted with what happen and what their actioned (If it's not top secret) and if it's gonna charge me or what so ever (It's only a few months old). I'm just glad that I wasn't on a motorway or very busy highway. I can't imagine if my wife was driving the car weather she knows what to do. So far I've been asking for a loan car and Tesla said it's available but never come back to me to say hey come and get it what so ever. My battery was more than 80% charged at the time

I got the car back. The Tesla mechanic said they went through the computer log and there was an alert regarding the electric motor overheated when not enough oil flow to cool it down. So they replaced the oil filter and the oil pump. In a US forum was mentioned the connector for the oil pump was the main problem during the hot weather where it didn't make contacts with in the connector so the electricity to oil pump got cut out.

No charge for the service from Tesla and it's under warranty. Thank you Tesla Chatswood for the responds and service

Last edited:
Reactions: Scubamikey