Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio: Speaker rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I have noise coming from my front driver side door. I downloaded an application for free to my Iphone that is a tone generator. I was afraid the noise might not happen during the upcoming service call. I ran the tone generator into the stereo and was able to reproduce the noise on demand. It turns out that for my noise it is coming from the speaker cover, So they should be able to snug it better and eliminate the noise.

Hi all, got a 2021 MY with less then 2k miles and it started rattling at about 1.5k miles. Definitely not a “wear and tear” issue. Also, it is only affecting my driver side A Pillar speaker. When I firmly press the round speaker grill, it stops so I think it may have to do with the looseness. Also what amplifies/dampens the rattle is the immersive sound option. The moment I turn it to High, I notice the rattle is more frequent in certain frequencies, and the same thing happens less so or more quietly when the Immersive sound option is on auto or medium. I am going to the service center and have them take a look at it since it is well under the new warranty limit they placed for speaker rattles and respond back to this thread. With an update. The song I will play for them is “STAY” by Kid Laroi since the beginning keys of that songs seem to consistently give me that rattling noise.