Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio Settings - Immersive Sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All!
I searched in the forum, and googled outside of it, but couldn't find much on the "immersive sound" setting.

What does this really do? And which setting are you using? Turning on the immersive sound or not?

Thanks for all responses in advance!

Immersive sound is a processing thing in which the two extra tweeters in the A pillars are turned on, and the sound stage is artificial raised to make you feel like your more "inside" the sound.

it's effective at that, however, the drawback in frequency response is a lobing hole in the lower midrange and upper midbass frequencies. This is to be expected with extra high frequency drivers added, and artificial "raising" of the Soundstage without changing physical location of the speakers.

All that matters is if you like it or not. Most audiophiles leave it off. Processing is not always a good thing in sound reproduction. I've posted pink nose results on another forum with it on and off, and the response is definitely smoother with it off, but some really like the "immersive" soundstage

But music is like wine. There's no "right" or "wrong", and everyone's ear is different. Just go with what sounds best to you.

Immersive sound is a processing thing in which the two extra tweeters in the A pillars are turned on, and the sound stage is artificial raised to make you feel like your more "inside" the sound.

it's effective at that, however, the drawback in frequency response is a lobing hole in the lower midrange and upper midbass frequencies. This is to be expected with extra high frequency drivers added, and artificial "raising" of the Soundstage without changing physical location of the speakers.

All that matters is if you like it or not. Most audiophiles leave it off. Processing is not always a good thing in sound reproduction. I've posted pink nose results on another forum with it on and off, and the response is definitely smoother with it off, but some really like the "immersive" soundstage

But music is like wine. There's no "right" or "wrong", and everyone's ear is different. Just go with what sounds best to you.
Thanks much!
This gives me an idea, need to play around with it some more for sure! I didn't hear much (if any) difference so far, LOL.