Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Attach hitch under Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can buy the bottom trim, with the removable panel, from Tesla. At the shop I work at we just trim the original bottom panel around the hitch. This allows less dirt and salt to get into the underbelly. If you want to use a removable receiver hitch like the stealth, then order the underbelly tray with the removable panel and install it, when you install the hitch.

That said, if you're actually going to tow something, the CURT receiver is stronger and cheaper. The CURT just permanently sticks out.

Reactions: android04
I think the rules for aftermarket tow hitch is more strict in Europe.

If it is a 2024 Model 3 that you have, then you can ask Tesla to install one for you, if not then you need to check the regulation in Netherlands if you can use an aftermarket one or not

Thanks for looking into my question.
It seems that not all Model 3's have the option to just attach a hitch. Mine from 2019 has not that removable panel.

Can you provide me with some video or images of how a hitch will be attached then? I prefere one that is also removable.

I have a ‘19 North American Model 3 (USA). Mine also had no removable panel. I had an installer install the Stealth Ecohitch receiver, which is removable, and they cut a hole in the underpanel to make it fit. The kit includes a magnetic patch panel to close the hole when not in use. You can also just replace the whole rear underpanel as others noted.