Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona low emission plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the info here everyone! We are relocating from CA to Scottsdale before my S85 is delivered in September, and will be excited that both our efficient cars (the Tesla and our existing Prius PHEV) will qualify for the plates. Does anyone in Scottsdale have experience with DMV and taxes? I have heard that you will pay only the state sales tax when you register, but the city may bill you later for their portion?

Any specific recommendations on DMV office to use?

benemac - I'll be interested to hear if you have a good tint/wrap vendor (and electrician) in mind already - my car will also be a white S85, though I went with the matte obeche, minus the roof (white body color roof which will probably stand out with all the pano cars!) and plus some things like the sound package and child seats.

I'd recommend taking it to the MVD in North Scottsdale. They have lots of experience with Tesla's. It's also near the service center where deliveries are now performed.

As smsprague said, the MVD will only charge the state use tax. City / county is up to the city or county to send a bill. I registered over a year ago and have never received a tax bill from either the county or city...

Thanks for the info here everyone! We are relocating from CA to Scottsdale before my S85 is delivered in September, and will be excited that both our efficient cars (the Tesla and our existing Prius PHEV) will qualify for the plates. Does anyone in Scottsdale have experience with DMV and taxes? I have heard that you will pay only the state sales tax when you register, but the city may bill you later for their portion?

Any specific recommendations on DMV office to use?

benemac - I'll be interested to hear if you have a good tint/wrap vendor (and electrician) in mind already - my car will also be a white S85, though I went with the matte obeche, minus the roof (white body color roof which will probably stand out with all the pano cars!) and plus some things like the sound package and child seats.

SCDrJ,
We're going to use N. Scottsdale if for no other reason, convenience. But it sounds like it's our best deal.
To your other question, I'll send a personal email with who we're using. Trust me, I have changed my mind so many times, but I'm finally glad we came to a decision. At least I came to one. Also, my husband responded to another thread. If you have any questions for him, you can IM him. Look for an email soon.

Bernadette