Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are there cad models/measurements on the M3's rear subframe assembly?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have some crazy plans involving putting the M3 drive unit on a classic car, and i realized it might not be that hard to literally bolt the M3 entire rear subframe into the classic car, just weld in spring perches and shock mounts. get a very modern rear end complete with the model 3 suspension aftermarket as it matures.

basically this entire thing, held in by four huge bolts through the bolt holes at the corners

model-3-drivetrain-1.jpg

but for this i need to do some super accurate measurements as part of planning. Hence...does that even exist? or do i need to go to a wrecker with some jack stands, and jack, a tape measure, and some real big sockets?

I have some crazy plans involving putting the M3 drive unit on a classic car, and i realized it might not be that hard to literally bolt the M3 entire rear subframe into the classic car, just weld in spring perches and shock mounts. get a very modern rear end complete with the model 3 suspension aftermarket as it matures.

basically this entire thing, held in by four huge bolts through the bolt holes at the corners

model-3-drivetrain-1.jpg

but for this i need to do some super accurate measurements as part of planning. Hence...does that even exist? or do i need to go to a wrecker with some jack stands, and jack, a tape measure, and some real big sockets?
Don't know about a CAD model but I imagine it wouldn't be hard to just measure or find someone local with a 3D scanner. Anyway, the bigger question is if there's an aftermarket motor controller for the Model 3 motor?

model-3-drivetrain-1.jpg

Did you ever find anything? I am trying to decide between an S/X drive unit and M3 drive unit.
Car will be AWD and full Tesla battery pack under the car.