Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks ... most people are not aware that many BMW forged wheels are a direct fit to a Tesla Model S/X. :cool:
Yep, same 5x120 and since the CB is usually bigger than ours (72.56mm), all we need are centering rings to reduce to 64.1 and we’re golden. That’s why I’ve been keeping an eye on the Classifieds over at Bimmerpost. :D
Offsets are usually much lower with wheels for BMWs so like your setup, spacers may not even be necessary.

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Yep, same 5x120 and since the CB is usually bigger than ours (72.56mm), all we need are centering rings to reduce to 64.1 and we’re golden. That’s why I’ve been keeping an eye on the Classifieds over at Bimmerpost. :D
Offsets are usually much lower with wheels for BMWs so like your setup, spacers may not even be necessary.
Exactly... just add a set of 72.5 to 64.1 hub-centric rings and you are good to go.
I also run Arachnids in the summer :cool:
249 Wheel.jpg

After two weeks and 500 miles, I'm extremely happy with Arachnids and PSS. They're quiet enough for me, with a firm but composed ride, and fantastic handling! As I drive, I'm realizing this beast has quite a bit of torque steer :(

More offset increases torque steer. Do your Arachnids have more offset than you are used to?

Lexani cautioned me NOT to have more than 40mm off set even though 45mm looked better and I really wanted 50mm. 50mm could work with a little heat gun on the inner liner and filled the wheel well nicely. But Lexani has the math showing the scrub radius to be way too much at 50mm and handling prevailed over looks.

More offset increases torque steer. Do your Arachnids have more offset than you are used to?

Lexani cautioned me NOT to have more than 40mm off set even though 45mm looked better and I really wanted 50mm. 50mm could work with a little heat gun on the inner liner and filled the wheel well nicely. But Lexani has the math showing the scrub radius to be way too much at 50mm and handling prevailed over looks.
A lower offset (less than OEM 40mm) will push the wheel out toward the outside edge of the fender. :cool:
Wheel Offset Calculator | 1010Tires.com Discount Online Tire and Wheel Store
upload_2018-4-16_21-34-33.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
I stand corrected as far as offset. When I talked to Lexani they must have humored me and done the reverse thinking for me. I wanted "10mm more to the outside" and said "50" and he said it would be too far out to handle well. Although "it could be done for looks".
Thanks for the link.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911