Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP/FSD price revert back to old price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For my FSD upgrade, it shows $9200, which is the same as after purchase price if you order a new car today. That will mean for AP upgrade only, it is now $5300.

Congrats to those who order the AP/FSD. I only order AP at $2600 CAD.

No regrets there, I would rather use part of the saved money ($4000) to go and get Huawei P30 Pro with quad camera, may finally ditch my iPhone. LOL

For my FSD upgrade, it shows $9200, which is the same as after purchase price if you order a new car today. That will mean for AP upgrade only, it is now $5300.

Congrats to those who order the AP/FSD. I only order AP at $2600 CAD.

No regrets there, I would rather use part of the saved money ($4000) to go and get Huawei P30 Pro with quad camera, may finally ditch my iPhone. LOL
I highly recommend you do NOT buy a Huawei phone, just google the things they do.

Anyways, let’s see how the FSD development comes along. Fingers crossed for equal development across US and Canada

For some reason my page says it's changed to $6600 CAD to go from EAP to FSD now, I was sure it was ~$4000 CAD before the "sale" price.

I still don't see the point in upgrading, FSD if it ever arrives will be years away in Canada. A "FSD" product that means I still have to actively watch for accurate stopping and stop signs and red lights isn't FSD as far as i'm concerned.

For some reason my page says it's changed to $6600 CAD to go from EAP to FSD now, I was sure it was ~$4000 CAD before the "sale" price.

I still don't see the point in upgrading, FSD if it ever arrives will be years away in Canada. A "FSD" product that means I still have to actively watch for accurate stopping and stop signs and red lights isn't FSD as far as i'm concerned.

I simply paid 2600CAD for a new computer inside my Model3. I don’t believe the FSD software will be ready in few years. But a new HW3 hardware also improves current EAP features.

I simply paid 2600CAD for a new computer inside my Model3. I don’t believe the FSD software will be ready in few years. But a new HW3 hardware also improves current EAP features.
Exactly this point. Also, people are saying they don’t believe FSD will come out in years in Canada. So what? Even if it’s not Level 5 autonomy, you’ll be getting a bunch of new features that might require some supervision like AP for now. I paid less for FSD than I did for EAP. If FSD is going to expand my features and make existing ones better (HW3) then it was worth every penny.

IMO, with the new FSD features coming later this year (fingers crossed!) dealing with local traffic and stop signs/lights, it should make it level 3. It will at least be another 3-5 years until level 4 is allowed in Canada. Level 5 will probably 10+ years.... If this happens, i can just tell my car to pickup/drop off my then teenage kids without myself actually being there! :D

If there's one thing I learned, it's better to buy now when you have the money than later. You never know what the future holds, but you know what you have today. Life's too short to play the waiting game sometimes. To each their own.

You never know what the future holds. Exactly to the point.

You don't really know what form and shape the FSD will be. In about 2 to 4 months, Tesla reduces LR RWD by $6000 and others even more, and they also reduce the AP/FSD price. For those of you that get EAP, you have no choice but have to fork out another $2600. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a bad move. However, who know what Tesla will do when the actual HW3 is released. They can come up with something like FSD+ or reduce the FSD upgrade price for those who didn't buy in.

There are so many wonderful things we wish to buy, and if we keep saying w cannot wait to get this and that, and we have to get it today, we are digging ourselves a BIG financial hole. Until I know exactly what I'm getting, Tesla won't get my money.

• Disagree
Reactions: YusufT

You don't really know what form and shape the FSD will be. In about 2 to 4 months, Tesla reduces LR RWD by $6000 and others even more, and they also reduce the AP/FSD price. For those of you that get EAP, you have no choice but have to fork out another $2600. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a bad move. However, who know what Tesla will do when the actual HW3 is released. They can come up with something like FSD+ or reduce the FSD upgrade price for those who didn't buy in.

There are so many wonderful things we wish to buy, and if we keep saying w cannot wait to get this and that, and we have to get it today, we are digging ourselves a BIG financial hole. Until I know exactly what I'm getting, Tesla won't get my money.
Okay but you're coming up with ridiculous what if scenarios. I don’t know if it's you being paranoid or you're trying to talk yourself out of buying it.

If I lived life with that paranoia, I would have never bought a Tesla. Who knows if the company will go bankrupt next month according to your logic? I would never have bought any new tech, god knows the durability of those things it's new after all, I'll just wait a couple years to see what it's like.

My point is, those what if scenarios you're using is exactly that, what if. Nothing is impossible, but it's highly unlikely that will happen. If I believed that Tesla would screw me over I wouldn't have gave them my money. You can keep waiting, more power to you. But I got a discount and bought it, I know this new tech is inevitable it WILL come out. Why pay more then when I can pay less now?

Okay but you're coming up with ridiculous what if scenarios. I don’t know if it's you being paranoid or you're trying to talk yourself out of buying it.

If I lived life with that paranoia, I would have never bought a Tesla. Who knows if the company will go bankrupt next month according to your logic? I would never have bought any new tech, god knows the durability of those things it's new after all, I'll just wait a couple years to see what it's like.

My point is, those what if scenarios you're using is exactly that, what if. Nothing is impossible, but it's highly unlikely that will happen. If I believed that Tesla would screw me over I wouldn't have gave them my money. You can keep waiting, more power to you. But I got a discount and bought it, I know this new tech is inevitable it WILL come out. Why pay more then when I can pay less now?

I think you guys are expressing 2 very different schools of thought - which are both fine. I think it has something to do with age also...

Technology always gets better but that shouldn't deter you from owning it now. For example, I'm sure Tesla will come up with a future model "however" that offers better range & self-driving capability and probably costs a fraction of the current model 3. However, I got one now simply because it makes me happy even knowing that FSD might not be ever fully implemented! Be Happy - that's all that matters! "You only live once" so go nuts... :D

On the flip side, it is also true to spend $ mindfully and make purchases out of necessity rather than lust. I have been like that for years until I finally turn to the "dark" side...

• Funny
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
I think you guys are expressing 2 very different schools of thought - which are both fine. I think it has something to do with age also...

Technology always gets better but that shouldn't deter you from owning it now. For example, I'm sure Tesla will come up with a future model "however" that offers better range & self-driving capability and probably costs a fraction of the current model 3. However, I got one now simply because it makes me happy even knowing that FSD might not be ever fully implemented! Be Happy - that's all that matters! "You only live once" so go nuts... :D

On the flip side, it is also true to spend $ mindfully and make purchases out of necessity rather than lust. I have been like that for years until I finally turn to the "dark" side...
Well you summed up my point perfectly. I knew exactly what he meant but he didn't know what I meant. I'm not saying go spend all your money on dumb things because YOLO, what I'm saying is life's too short to live with paranoia. The tech world is always evolving, the answer to when you should buy is RIGHT NOW(most of the time). New tech is coming out all the time, if you always wait for the newer thing or to see how the current one will last you better be immortal because you'll be waiting for a long time.

I'm a IT guy who work on big data and other cool stuff, I know how cool things can be. Mind you, I brought Tesla. It's been fun, so I didn't wait. However, I'm not going to spend on every single option available until I know it's not vaporware. I have nothing extra to show for, it is still a EAP.

What if is a very good thing:

1/ Ontario cancelled the OHVIP last summer, what if I didn't care and still brought a Model 3, and now the price dropped, and Tesla didn't win the legal battle.
2/ AWD is not in the list, what if I brought a M3 AWD and I didn't get my rebate.

Those What if devil advocate, is what get us here today. One just has to evaluate his situation. I'm very tempted to go and get the FSD for $4000, cause I can afford it and I didn't even finance my whole purchase.

In the long run, you guys make a good purchase and I congrat. It's been a very fun car to drive even with basic AP. It reminds me of taking a long 12 hour flight, time seems to fly when you are in business class. LOL.

• Disagree
Reactions: YusufT
I'm a IT guy who work on big data and other cool stuff, I know how cool things can be. Mind you, I brought Tesla. It's been fun, so I didn't wait. However, I'm not going to spend on every single option available until I know it's not vaporware. I have nothing extra to show for, it is still a EAP.

What if is a very good thing:

1/ Ontario cancelled the OHVIP last summer, what if I didn't care and still brought a Model 3, and now the price dropped, and Tesla didn't win the legal battle.
2/ AWD is not in the list, what if I brought a M3 AWD and I didn't get my rebate.

Those What if devil advocate, is what get us here today. One just has to evaluate his situation. I'm very tempted to go and get the FSD for $4000, cause I can afford it and I didn't even finance my whole purchase.

In the long run, you guys make a good purchase and I congrat. It's been a very fun car to drive even with basic AP. It reminds me of taking a long 12 hour flight, time seems to fly when you are in business class. LOL.
Dude you're seriously paranoid. Your points don't even make sense. You just said AWD wasn't on the list and what if you bought it and didn't get the rebate? The list was publicly announced prior to ordering was even available in Canada. I don't want to debunk every ridiculous point you make. I wish you the best, but please don't try to post on here using your points as facts. You can share your opinion but don't tell me I made the wrong choice.

Last edited:
Dude you're seriously paranoid. Your points don't even make sense. You just said AWD wasn't on the list and what if you bought it and didn't get the rebate? The list was publicly announced prior to ordering was even available in Canada. I don't want to debunk every ridiculous point you make. I wish you the best, but please don't try to post on here using your points as facts. You can share your opinion but don't tell me I made the wrong choice.

I didn't say you make a wrong choice, I actually think you make a good choice. Congrats.