Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone with 2022 or 2023 model 3 perfomance put 19’s on it see increased range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These price drops are so appealing. But with the Model 3 refresh coming, I have to imagine better range is included. but time will tell.

Anyway my biggest question currently anyone who bought the new model 3 performance with 20’s and bigger breaks its posted at 315 range. Has anyone put 19’s on and if so have you seen longer range? I would imagine you have, and if so what is the difference?

I went to 19s, but 10mm wider tires, so no noticeable difference in range. Ride quality is a little better though. Also, the reintroduced LR has less range than the previous version, so not sure you should count on significantly better range from highland.

These price drops are so appealing. But with the Model 3 refresh coming, I have to imagine better range is included. but time will tell.

Yeah, no-one knows what the refresh will bring.
Other than accelerated depreciation for older cars.

Anyway my biggest question currently anyone who bought the new model 3 performance with 20’s and bigger breaks its posted at 315 range.

Nope.
Even the originally advertised 305 miles (later incremented to 310 miles) were a stretch.

Has anyone put 19’s on and if so have you seen longer range?

It's not the diameter of the wheel that makes the difference.
It's the tire that goes on the wheel.

I have 18" winter wheels with less grippy winter tires, and I when I switch to them in the fall I notice an immediate 8-9% bump in efficiency. But it doesn't last.
Once ambient temps drop below 50F, and especially below 30F, the efficiency (and range) go down the drain. Driving on the highway with 20F ambient temps you will see about 1/2 the advertised Tesla range.

You live in WI.
75+% of the time, you will see NOTHING close to Tesla advertised range!

For best smiles/mile, stick with performance summer tires and enjoy optimal handling, safety, and traction.
In the winter, switch to 18" winter wheels + tires, and enjoy optimal safety and traction.

I would imagine you have, and if so what is the difference?

Range is a moving target.
Everything in the following list makes a material impact: {tires, ambient temps, driving speed, road grade, road surface, direction of the wind, rain / snow on the ground, etc, etc}.
Don't obsess of the range, and your EV experience will be a LOT more enjoyable!

HTH,
a

Reactions: IChillinz