Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone noticed a brief throttle lag?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this happened to me once last week and I was concerned for a second then didn’t think about it again, until it happened again today. I was at a stop sign and there was traffic coming both cross ways and I stepped on it it and for about a second there was just a very sluggish move forward then it took off. It’s concerning because the car has gotten me used to being able to squirt around/in front of traffic and it there’s a delay in acceleration it’s dangerous. Realize I could just drive more conservatively but wondering if anyone else has noticed this

If you were anticipating the intersection clearing and you were a split second early according to the computer this might have activated (what Tesla probably came up with to mitigate pedal misapplication problems):

Obstacle-Aware Acceleration
For Models S, Model X and Model 3, acceleration will now be automatically reduced if an obstacle is detected in front of your car while driving at low speeds. This feature can be enabled or disabled in Controls > Autopilot.

• Informative
Reactions: mswlogo and Dre78
Had the exact same issue for months after a software update last year. Took it in to Tesla - they couldn't replicate it. I noticed it would frequently happen as certain areas around town. TRY TURNING OFF THE OBSTACLE-AWARE ACCELERATION. I have been going on one week and have yet to have the situation happen again (used to happen several times a day). I hope this helps.

• Informative
Reactions: deserthootman