Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone know where to find a battery replacement for Tesla Roadster for reasonable price in Europe?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I’m looking for a battery for my roadster. As I explained in other post, I bought a Tesla Roadster 2.0 without battery (literally without battery housing) and now I’m looking for it. I know that I would ask Tesla, but I’m exploring other options…

Any suggestion about???

Hi, I’m looking for a battery for my roadster. As I explained in other post, I bought a Tesla Roadster 2.0 without battery (literally without battery housing) and now I’m looking for it. I know that I would ask Tesla, but I’m exploring other options…

Any suggestion about???
I think there are some people that are working on that, but the quistion is what a reasonable price are?

Upvote 0
I'm sure 15000 is not enough. If you don't have the box then that's another problem. If you have experience with convetting, you may be able to build a new one yourself. In Europe, there are a few who have worked on a solution for the battery. Evmix in Denmark and Kris Rosa in Germany work a lot on roadsters.

Upvote 0
Car wiring diagram is accessible here.

Internal ESS schematic is only known by Tesla, but the above schematic shows all the external signals. Thats what relevant to the car... but then there's still the CAN Bus that needs to be satisfied :)
GREAT LINK!

I will try to decode CAN messages with a sniffer and other roadster... If I have sucess I will post.

Other option is to do a complete conversion, that is easy.. but then I will have a half Roadster. With more power and more range, but half Roadster...

I preffer to keep the car as original.

Upvote 0