Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone had any joy with contacting Tesla finance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok.

So I've traded in the model 3. Generated a settlement figure, provided this to the dealer and they wired the money across to Tesla yesterday.

I've checked the app and all looked ok (wire payment successful).

I have had 3 subsequent emails - one telling me a personal purchase fee has been applied (figure quoted is the settlement), one that tells me a personal contract purchase credit note has been applied (figure quoted is my monthly DD) and one this morning saying the Payoff request has been cancelled.

The settlement figure was valid up until the 17th, I am due a DD soon (but I always get an email telling me they are about to take my monthly amount, and I have NOT had one this month).

The app tells me nothing, I can't generate a new settlement, can't do a one off payment, it says there are no payment due at this time, balance is £0.00.

In the documents I have a settlement estimate (the amount that was wired), a final quote which is the principal amount + interest = settlement figure valid until the 17th (all ties so far) and then they've added under account balance another DD payment? This makes the total amount higher than the settlement figure? I don't understand this at all. I can't make any sense of the loan agreement documentation.

They do not reply to emails (I have emailed them multiple times over the last week), and (so far) have not called after me leaving 2-3 message on voicemail as requested.

So I've zero clue, if the finance has been settled, totally rejected, I need to make a further payment etc etc. honestly it's an absolute shambles 🤬

Anyone have any idea how I go about getting this resolved.

I traded my M3 (Tesla finance) with Tesla for a MYLR in Dec (Tesla finance). You’d think the trade in staff worked for a different species, let alone company.

Anyway I ended up overpaying one finance payment on the old car and tried to contact TFS…emails, voice messages etc

Not a sausage.

Ended up calling customer services and ranting until they escalated it. Took customer service 2 weeks to sort and overall 6 weeks to get my money back. Total shambles and a disgrace that you can’t actually speak to TFS.

Good luck

Reactions: rpo and Avalyn
I emailed [email protected] about my finance payment dates (due to when I get paid, the finance payment either comes out just after I get paid or just before I get paid meaning some 'pay months' I have to make 2 car payments. Anyway, sorry I digress)

They responded within 3 days. But my request was maybe easier for them as I asked to change the payment date and they replied saying they couldn't.

I finally got a reply from [email protected] with clearance letter attached and informed they can confirm the settlement funds have been received now and my finance account has been inactivated.

Zero explanation over why I had various emails with different amounts and conflicting information.

If I ever get back into a Tesla I highly doubt, unless the finance is outstanding it will be financed through Tesla.

I've just sent an email to [email protected] as well. I requested an early settlement quote at the start of the month. Got it, sent the funds, got confirmation of receipt. Took my final direct debit as planned and everything seemed pretty straight forward to be honest, except that the app is still sitting on finalizing final settlement and its been well over 2 weeks now.

Nowhere near as much grief as you guys but I agree they really need to sort themselves out.

Reactions: Avalyn
I've just sent an email to [email protected] as well. I requested an early settlement quote at the start of the month. Got it, sent the funds, got confirmation of receipt. Took my final direct debit as planned and everything seemed pretty straight forward to be honest, except that the app is still sitting on finalizing final settlement and its been well over 2 weeks now.

Nowhere near as much grief as you guys but I agree they really need to sort themselves out.
Well colour me surprised...I got a reply a few hours ago confirming the finance is paid off and that it will no longer show in my app, which it now does not.

Happy days.