Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone got invited to Tesla + SolarCity Event in Los Angeles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RSVPs are closed. This is what you get if you try now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 10.30.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 10.30.16 AM.png
    460.4 KB · Views: 73
My email also was dispatched at 5:02. My guest looks forward to attend, as he is the electrician who installed my second meter many years ago. His firm is extremely busy with EV installations for both commercial and residential.

Don't forget the live stream. Everyone can enjoy learning what Tesla has to announce.

It was a great event. Thanks to all at Tesla, Universal City and Wolfgang Puck for a memorable evening.

Waiting for parking valets was a pain, but you couldn't beat the view of Hogwarts in the distance from the Tesla Model S while climbing the Universal City hillside..

The backstreet of homes was one of the most pleasant settings for a party, ever. A step back in time, yet with solar roofs, Powerwalls and Tesla electric vehicles that fit right in. The magnificent solar roof appearance will encourage purchases.

These complementary events can be costly. I ended up putting a deposit down on two Powerwalls.

Reactions: AEdennis and DDotJ
It was a great event. Thanks to all at Tesla, Universal City and Wolfgang Puck for a memorable evening.

Waiting for parking valets was a pain, but you couldn't beat the view of Hogwarts in the distance from the Tesla Model S while climbing the Universal City hillside..

The backstreet of homes was one of the most pleasant settings for a party, ever. A step back in time, yet with solar roofs, Powerwalls and Tesla electric vehicles that fit right in. The magnificent solar roof appearance will encourage purchases.

These complementary events can be costly. I ended up putting a deposit down on two Powerwalls.

Hey Mark, I think I saw you near the end of the video taking a selfie in front of the Tuscan roof.

• Informative
Reactions: Mark Z
no different than the D event...?
also, this is a quite different response than the tread on reddit:
Anyone else frustrated at tonight's event? • /r/teslamotors
We arrived early and were told to turn around and come back at 4 PM. If this had been done on a non-Halloween event night, life would be easier for Universal. The guests on trams got a kick out of the lines of Teslas as we were taking photos of them from the cars.

Upon leaving, I asked a security person what the valet wait was to retrieve the car. 40 minutes. Reality was 20 minutes for us and anyone who remembered to use the Tesla app to see when their vehicle approached the venue could have monitored when to leave the comfortable porch seats instead of standing outside.

Ideally, one parking structure or area could have been reserved and we would have boarded a tram to the venue location. We could have arrived early, enjoyed City Walk and then attended the event. Even with the waits, the venue and food were fine. And the mistakes paid off, many of us got a good look inside Model III before being chased away. The weather was perfect with a block party atmosphere and friendliness.

Timing is everything... I arrived just before 4pm and queued at the gate (was perhaps 5th car in my line) but was placed in the "right" of the two lines after the security gate, and ended up being one of the earliest one arriving at the valet.

Our valet wait was close to 20-30 minutes, but it was fine as we were socializing with others waiting.

The food and beverage service is better than many of the other events and Tesla's valets were better this time than before.

Reactions: Mark Z
This was the first Tesla even I attended. The event itself was awesome. The night was really ruined for us by the valet situation. We waited about 2 hours! We requested our car as soon as Elon was done as we had to get back to the kids. The Valet that took our car said we would get a text when the car was ready. That didn't happen.

The Universal security guard working the event said Tesla hired out 100 valets. Still didn't work. They should have just rented a half dozen shuttles and been done with it.

But I do have to say again the presentation, catering, venue, all top notch.

The presentation as seen on video has changed my mind about solar roofs. I had seen early solar tiles and thought the those shiny black tiles were ugly, especially when they were installed as a section of the roof surrounded by conventional roof products. Pictures of Tuscan style tiles in bright navy blue looked "plastic" and ugly to me.

But the tiles displayed at this event blew me away. They look like high end normal roof materials and since there are "dummy tiles" mixed in randomly, one doesn't see a patch of solar in the middle of normal tiles. Brilliant! This product could at last make Solar City into a profitable enterprise.

I have put my name on the reservation list and am anxiously awaiting further details from Solar City.

I wonder how the 30% solar tax credits will work out on a solar roof. It will be one installation, but only a portion of the new roof will be solar active, so how will the credit be applied - full roof or active portion?

• Informative
Reactions: ModelX
I always dreamed to go to a Tesla new product event and see Elon in person, the event itself was great.

Took about 45 minutes to drop the car at the valet after I entered into Gate 4, luckily I arrived at 5:45 and the event just started.
And it took TWO HOURS for valet to return my car, there were a few people waited as long as I did, that really ruin the night for me

Building on my earlier post on this thread and to echo @Mark Z sentiment at the party...

Bottom line... The party that Tesla throws might be free, but it's pricey on the back end.

We left it with reservation for 3 PowerWall 2s, not sure if I'll ever need all three, but what the heck...

...and we're looking forward to taking delivery of our 2 Model 3 reservations.

Blog post here.

IMG_0547 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

IMG_0577 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

IMG_3669 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

Was surprised to see the Model 3 so close.

IMG_20161028_180824 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

IMG_3676 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

IMG_3678 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

IMG_20161028_181032 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

IMG_20161028_192509 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr