Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone ask for a discount for missing June deadline?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn't work that way. Tesla makes a best efforts to deliver in time to qualify for rebates, but there are no guarantees.

Sometimes they have difficulty getting a specific configuration delivered in time, and will offer different configurations or different colors to those who are flexible and willing to take a 2nd choice to get delivery in time. Sometimes they will even offer a car with a more expensive color or upgraded wheels at the previously agreed pricing.

Website may predict delivery in June, but shipping to the East coast can sometimes contribute to the delay.

They work their butts off, trying to get everyone their cars by the cut off, but for some it will not make the cut.

The tax credit dropped by $1875. I suspect that you *could* have had the car, but the car you chose wasn't readily available.

You can always ask, but don't expect.

Also, please don't call then up and bother them to ask, you only tie the phones up.

ideally, I would have gone to Tesla store before June 30th and and asked what's the status. My thought would have been they would have tried to get you an inventory car and perhaps give some $ discount for any options you may have had to miss or skip. Not sure if it was worth it but something could have tried. Now it does not hurt to ask still. Whats the worse that can happen?