Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Signature Model X owners NOT receive their car yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just called and my DS said our Sig was in body in white status. This implies that it hasn't been sitting somewhere almost fully built but awaiting some part or parts. Anyone care to speculate if they scrapped my initial build and started from scratch?

Body in white is the very beginning stage of production. Not sure whether this is bad or good news for you. Bad because at least in my case my body in white was almost 2 months ago. But good if they scrapped the build and started over, because that is how all these general production deliveries are getting ahead of us Signatures.

I just called and my DS said our Sig was in body in white status. This implies that it hasn't been sitting somewhere almost fully built but awaiting some part or parts. Anyone care to speculate if they scrapped my initial build and started from scratch?

Body in white is the very beginning stage of production. Not sure whether this is bad or good news for you. Bad because at least in my case my body in white was almost 2 months ago. But good if they scrapped the build and started over, because that is how all these general production deliveries are getting ahead of us Signatures.

a VIN change could be a telling sign. Has it changed? Not sure if it's possible to scrap a vehicle and reuse the VIN.

I have to admit it is a little strange to look at deliveries in the tracker and see production orders, placed the same week I received my final invoice, now being delivered. Coming up on three months since final payment was invoiced and paid.

Just deleted the rest of my comment. You can guess what was on my mind.

I will be picking up my Sig X on Wednesday. Reading through the Delivery checklist to make sure that I am prepared and check for issues when accepting delivery. It will be my first EV, so looking forward to the experience.

Any other advice from you experienced folks?

I have to admit it is a little strange to look at deliveries in the tracker and see production orders, placed the same week I received my final invoice, now being delivered. Coming up on three months since final payment was invoiced and paid.

Just deleted the rest of my comment. You can guess what was on my mind.

You, my friend, have the patience of Job and I admit you are a better person than I. :wink:

There a quite a few of signature reservation holders have yet to order. Probably less than half the production reservation holders have ordered. I think quite a few are waiting to see and drive a car before they order. I was lucky to be able to see and drive a car back in October so I was sold and ordered as soon as I could. I also think the eventual price is more than some expected and can afford.

I will be picking up my Sig X on Wednesday. Reading through the Delivery checklist to make sure that I am prepared and check for issues when accepting delivery. It will be my first EV, so looking forward to the experience.

Any other advice from you experienced folks?

Picked up my Sig with list in pocket - all went out the window when the shiny new thing presented itself :love: ..So just enjoy the moment!

Initially all will look perfect, over time (after pickup) some imperfections will become apparent and you'll likely need to deal with them individually based on your level of anal-retentiveness (mine is quite high :eek:). Fortunately most things are solvable and Tesla service is unparalleled!

The flood gates are about to open, methinks.

I just got a call from my DS who said that my Prod VIN 00013x is leaving the factory headed to Minnesota in the next 24-48 hours. It might deliver as soon as 2-3 weeks. It had been stuck in QC since 1/22 (original conf date 12/2). I hope you all see movement in your cars very very soon.

Good luck.

Picked up my Sig with list in pocket - all went out the window when the shiny new thing presented itself :love: ..So just enjoy the moment!

Initially all will look perfect, over time (after pickup) some imperfections will become apparent and you'll likely need to deal with them individually based on your level of anal-retentiveness (mine is quite high :eek:). Fortunately most things are solvable and Tesla service is unparalleled!
Great news. Good to read the report.

My local SC called to schedule more service on a new issue that I didn't think they would care about. They are on top of it! Great service, and I hope everyone gets their Model X delivered and in tip top shape soon.

OT: I asked my SC to look under my new rear seats before they were installed to see if there were any hidden motors. None visible. Since my original seats were spring loaded, it looks like we are going to be manually lowering and raising the 3rd row with no possibility of automation. Maybe that will change in a future vehicle model. Meanwhile, the latest ones are easier to lower and raise than the first ones manufactured. It's a stretch, but it can be raised by standing at the back of Model X for those who can reach the unlock button.

Last edited:
OT: I asked my SC to look under my new rear seats before they were installed to see if there were any hidden motors. None visible. Looks like we are going to be manually lowering and raising the 3rd row for the indefinite future. Maybe that will change in a future revision. Meanwhile, the latest ones are easier to lower and raise than the first ones manufactured. It's a stretch, but it can be done standing at the back of Model X for those who can reach the unlock button.

Huh? Your original rear seats were motorized and the replacements are not?

Huh? Your original rear seats were motorized and the replacements are not?
My original rear third row seat backs were spring loaded. When I pressed the seat latch button, the headrest would drop and the second press caused the seat back to spring down. It was more difficult to raise by hand. After delivery day, Tesla Motors did not allow a new version of software to unlock the spring loaded seat backs from folding down and said they would replace the seats.

Since there was a rumor about "cargo mode", I thought the rear seats may fold remotely in the future. I asked the SC to check the new seats to see if any motors were present. They did check the new seats since they could be examined. No motors found. I will re-edit the above post to be more clear.

Last edited:
Well, our car has cleared purgatory and is waiting for a truck to bring it to Portland, OR.

My DS cautioned me that there may by repairs needed at the service center but he hopes they'll be minimal, if any. I'm cautiously optimistic that the car will be ready for our trip to Canada!

Well, our car has cleared purgatory and is waiting for a truck to bring it to Portland, OR.

My DS cautioned me that there may by repairs needed at the service center but he hopes they'll be minimal, if any. I'm cautiously optimistic that the car will be ready for our trip to Canada!
Congrats and enjoy. Please let us know what kind of shape it is in when it arrives (to the extent they tell you).