Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any recommendation on protecting the interior of the brand new Model Y LR?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

We recently bought MY LR with black color seats option. Since it's brand new, does anyone have recommendations on protecting the brand-new interior in the long run from UV, stains, etc?

I hear people use ceramic-based coating for the interior.

How do you protect/SEAL the brand-new interior (vegan leather seats & other interior parts)? Thanks.

Hi,

We recently bought MY LR with black color seats option. Since it's brand new, does anyone have recommendations on protecting the brand-new interior in the long run from UV, stains, etc?

How do you protect/SEAL the brand-new interior (vegan leather seats & other interior parts)? Thanks.
Yes you can ceramic coat
your seats with Gyeon Leather Shield

Reactions: Genie
Hi,

No need to coat.

Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately, it got posted in the X forum. I will repost it in the Y forum.
Last point: I like the idea of using products with UV protection, anti-dust properties, etc. However, I wonder if these chemicals [fumes] (e.g., ceramic coating or other) have negative side effects on health - breathing/touching them constantly while in the car. Note that some of them last for up to 1 year on the surfaces. I am not saying they are all bad; I am also considering healthy consequences.

However, I wonder if these chemicals [fumes] (e.g., ceramic coating or other) have negative side effects on health
- breathing/touching them constantly while in the car. Note that some of them last for up to 1 year on the surfaces.
I am not saying they are all bad; I am also considering healthy consequences.

Why not using seat cover?

I put some neoprene seat covers (Wet Okole) because I donc like
leatherette material which is sticky on the skin, hot in summer and cold in winter.
The neoprene material provides an additional soft layer like memory foam.
Also no worry to damage the seats, in particular the rear seat where I carry various items.

Congratulations on your new Tesla Model Y with black seats! Protecting your interior is a wise choice to ensure its longevity and aesthetics. At Tesery, we offer a range of accessories specifically designed to help you maintain the pristine condition of your interior:

• Seat Covers: We have custom-fit seat covers available that can shield your vegan leather seats from UV rays, stains, and wear. These covers not only provide protection but also offer a personalized touch.

• Interior Floor Mats: Our high-quality floor mats are designed to trap dirt, spills, and debris, preventing them from reaching your vehicle's flooring. This is essential for maintaining the cleanliness of your interior.

• Dashboard and Center Console Covers: These covers provide an additional layer of protection against UV rays and dust while enhancing the visual appeal of your interior.

Screen Protectors: Shield your center screen from scratches and damage with our screen protectors, ensuring it remains in pristine condition.

• Ventilation Seat Covers: These covers offer comfort during hot weather while also providing a layer of protection for your seats.

• Window Sunshades: Protect the interior from direct sunlight and harmful UV rays with window sunshades, preserving the quality of your materials.

• Silicone Central Control Screen Frame: This frame protects the edges of your center screen from wear and tear, ensuring its longevity.

• Control Screen Frame Sunshade Cover: Prevent glare and heat buildup with this cover while protecting your screen from sun damage.

As for ceramic coatings, they can indeed provide an extra layer of protection for your exterior surfaces, but for interior protection, our selection of accessories mentioned above would be more relevant.

Feel free to explore these options on our website to find the ones that best suit your needs. Your brand new interior will surely thank you for the care and attention you provide! If you have any specific questions about these products or need more guidance, our team is here to assist you.

Congratulations on your new Tesla Model Y with black seats! Protecting your interior is a wise choice to ensure its longevity and aesthetics. At Tesery, we offer a range of accessories specifically designed to help you maintain the pristine condition of your interior:

• Seat Covers: We have custom-fit seat covers available that can shield your vegan leather seats from UV rays, stains, and wear. These covers not only provide protection but also offer a personalized touch.

• Interior Floor Mats: Our high-quality floor mats are designed to trap dirt, spills, and debris, preventing them from reaching your vehicle's flooring. This is essential for maintaining the cleanliness of your interior.

• Dashboard and Center Console Covers: These covers provide an additional layer of protection against UV rays and dust while enhancing the visual appeal of your interior.

Screen Protectors: Shield your center screen from scratches and damage with our screen protectors, ensuring it remains in pristine condition.

• Ventilation Seat Covers: These covers offer comfort during hot weather while also providing a layer of protection for your seats.

• Window Sunshades: Protect the interior from direct sunlight and harmful UV rays with window sunshades, preserving the quality of your materials.

• Silicone Central Control Screen Frame: This frame protects the edges of your center screen from wear and tear, ensuring its longevity.

• Control Screen Frame Sunshade Cover: Prevent glare and heat buildup with this cover while protecting your screen from sun damage.

As for ceramic coatings, they can indeed provide an extra layer of protection for your exterior surfaces, but for interior protection, our selection of accessories mentioned above would be more relevant.

Feel free to explore these options on our website to find the ones that best suit your needs. Your brand new interior will surely thank you for the care and attention you provide! If you have any specific questions about these products or need more guidance, our team is here to assist you.
In the Tesla advice kindly posted above, by @rsd, they advise against the use of aftermarket seat covers.

In the Tesla advice kindly posted above, by @rsd, they advise against the use of aftermarket seat covers.
Hello,

Thank you for sharing the advice about not using aftermarket seat covers. While it's important to consider different perspectives, let me provide you with some insights into why many Tesla owners still choose to use aftermarket seat covers, such as our Seat Covers:

Protection: Aftermarket seat covers are designed to provide an extra layer of protection for your original seats. They can help guard against spills, stains, fading, and wear from everyday use.

Preservation of Resale Value: Keeping your original seats in pristine condition can contribute to the resale value of your Tesla. When it comes time to sell or trade in your vehicle, well-maintained seats can make a positive impression.

Customization: Aftermarket seat covers offer the opportunity to customize the interior of your Tesla to your preferences. You can choose from a variety of colors, materials, and styles to match your personal taste.

Comfort: Some aftermarket seat covers, are designed with comfort in mind. They include features such as perforated sections that work well with seat heaters, providing an enhanced driving experience.

Ease of Cleaning: Cleaning and maintaining aftermarket seat covers can be simpler than cleaning the original seats. Many seat covers are machine washable or easy to wipe clean.

Easy Installation and Removal: Tesery Seat Covers are custom-fit and designed for easy installation and removal. This means you can enjoy the benefits of seat covers without complicated installation procedures.

While it's true that some concerns have been raised about aftermarket seat covers affecting airbag deployment or interfering with seat sensors, reputable manufacturers like Tesery take these factors into consideration during their design and testing processes. It's always a good idea to choose seat covers from established brands that prioritize safety and compatibility with your vehicle's features.

Ultimately, the decision to use aftermarket seat covers is a personal one, and it's important to weigh the potential benefits against any concerns. We believe that our Tesery Seat Covers offer a blend of protection, customization, and comfort that can enhance your Tesla ownership experience. If you're interested, we encourage you to explore our seat cover options and consider the advantages they can bring.

Reactions: Wattsisname
Hello,

Thank you for sharing the advice about not using aftermarket seat covers. While it's important to consider different perspectives, let me provide you with some insights into why many Tesla owners still choose to use aftermarket seat covers, such as our Seat Covers:

Protection: Aftermarket seat covers are designed to provide an extra layer of protection for your original seats. They can help guard against spills, stains, fading, and wear from everyday use.

Preservation of Resale Value: Keeping your original seats in pristine condition can contribute to the resale value of your Tesla. When it comes time to sell or trade in your vehicle, well-maintained seats can make a positive impression.

Customization: Aftermarket seat covers offer the opportunity to customize the interior of your Tesla to your preferences. You can choose from a variety of colors, materials, and styles to match your personal taste.

Comfort: Some aftermarket seat covers, are designed with comfort in mind. They include features such as perforated sections that work well with seat heaters, providing an enhanced driving experience.

Ease of Cleaning: Cleaning and maintaining aftermarket seat covers can be simpler than cleaning the original seats. Many seat covers are machine washable or easy to wipe clean.

Easy Installation and Removal: Tesery Seat Covers are custom-fit and designed for easy installation and removal. This means you can enjoy the benefits of seat covers without complicated installation procedures.

While it's true that some concerns have been raised about aftermarket seat covers affecting airbag deployment or interfering with seat sensors, reputable manufacturers like Tesery take these factors into consideration during their design and testing processes. It's always a good idea to choose seat covers from established brands that prioritize safety and compatibility with your vehicle's features.

Ultimately, the decision to use aftermarket seat covers is a personal one, and it's important to weigh the potential benefits against any concerns. We believe that our Tesery Seat Covers offer a blend of protection, customization, and comfort that can enhance your Tesla ownership experience. If you're interested, we encourage you to explore our seat cover options and consider the advantages they can bring.
I bought a set of Tesery seat covers in mid June 2022. I have not fitted them yet partly due to ( wise after the event) concerns arising from Tesla's advice - which you have now dispelled in your response - and also because my white seats, after 13 months, are holding up so well. I bought black covers with red trim thinking that it might be fun to ring the changes. Perhaps now I can fit them in full confidence that the air bags and seat sensors, will not, as you imply, be inhibited nor will the original seat surfaces be in anyway adversely affected by the covers.
Thank you for that.

Reactions: Tesery
I bought a set of Tesery seat covers in mid June 2022. I have not fitted them yet partly due to ( wise after the event) concerns arising from Tesla's advice - which you have now dispelled in your response - and also because my white seats, after 13 months, are holding up so well. I bought black covers with red trim thinking that it might be fun to ring the changes. Perhaps now I can fit them in full confidence that the air bags and seat sensors, will not, as you imply, be inhibited nor will the original seat surfaces be in anyway adversely affected by the covers.
Thank you for that.
Hello,

I'm glad to provide you with the reassurance that our seat covers are designed with careful attention to safety and functionality. The compatibility of our seat covers with airbags and seat sensors is a priority for us, ensuring that you can enjoy both protection and style without compromising any safety features of your Tesla.

Installing your seat covers with confidence is important, and I'm pleased that we could address any concerns you may have had. The black covers with red trim are sure to add a striking touch to your interior while providing the added benefit of protection.

If you decide to install your seat covers, I'm confident you'll be pleased with the quality, fit, and aesthetics they offer. Should you have any further questions or need assistance during the installation process, our customer service team is here to help.

Thank you for choosing Tesery for your Tesla accessories. We're here to ensure that your ownership experience is enhanced and enjoyable.

Hello,

I'm glad to provide you with the reassurance that our seat covers are designed with careful attention to safety and functionality. The compatibility of our seat covers with airbags and seat sensors is a priority for us, ensuring that you can enjoy both protection and style without compromising any safety features of your Tesla.

Installing your seat covers with confidence is important, and I'm pleased that we could address any concerns you may have had. The black covers with red trim are sure to add a striking touch to your interior while providing the added benefit of protection.

If you decide to install your seat covers, I'm confident you'll be pleased with the quality, fit, and aesthetics they offer. Should you have any further questions or need assistance during the installation process, our customer service team is here to help.

Thank you for choosing Tesery for your Tesla accessories. We're here to ensure that your ownership experience is enhanced and enjoyable.
Thank you for the reassurance on the safety aspects. May I take it as read that concerns around damage or wear to the seat surfaces from using the covers are unfounded.

The only reason I could think is to chek that there is an opening on the side to allow the air bag to deploy.

Othwerwise, I don't see any reason, of this statement. Can you provide a link for it?

16606-Front-View-Air-Bag-Test.gif

Last edited:
Thank you for the reassurance on the safety aspects. May I take it as read that concerns around damage or wear to the seat surfaces from using the covers are unfounded.
Regarding your concerns about potential damage or wear to the seating surfaces, it's important to note that our seat covers are designed to actually help protect your original seating surfaces. They act as a barrier against everyday wear and tear, such as spills, stains, and abrasion. This can help preserve the condition of your Tesla's seats over time, keeping them looking great.

So, your decision to use seat covers not only enhances the style of your interior but also adds a layer of protection for your seating surfaces.

Congrats on your new car, I'm sure you've experienced Tesla's flocked interiors, which means it's all the more important that we get some protective accessories to protect them from soiling and wearing out, taking care of this material can save you money, lengthen its lifespan, improve its performance, and help reduce depreciation in value over time.

• Upgraded Seat Slide Rail Covers for Tesla Model Y: It protects the OEM flocking areas from dust, scratches, and mud, keeps the interior clean, and perfectly protects those areas around the seats.
  • 微信截图_20230822163444.png
  • Back Door Sill Covers For Tesla Model Y & 3: It is made of premium ABS plastic material that is odorless and eco-friendly. Effectively protects the flocked areas from dirt and mud.
    微信截图_20230822162551.png
  • Protection Liner for Tesla Model Y&3 Second Row Seat Base: It's made of premium TPE material, water-proof, non-toxic, easy to clean up and protect the second-row seat flocked surface from dirt, spills, pet hair, and mud.
    微信截图_20230822164020.png

For more protective accessories see our blog: