Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any plans for 4G on the MS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are tens of millions of security systems in businesses and homes that have wireless modules in them that all use 3G to communicate with their security monitor centers. I would not expect 3G to go away any time soon. There will always be a push by the carriers to increase the speed of their networks. It's the competitive impulse that keeps them acquiring new frequency spectrum. Already Verizon is deploying "Advanced LTE" and many Asian countries have real 4G with 100 MB speeds. Unfortunately any product we buy today that uses the Internet will always have a level of near term obsolescence built in. However, with Tesla's capability to do firmware and software pushes, there should always be an upgrade path.

How did upgrade to LTE go?

Mine went great also. The SC did not know how to bill me so they are going to call me and I will give them a credit card over the phone. I think I am one of the first in Austin to get the upgrade. They said that the charge would be $500 although I have seen where others were charged ~$400 for parts and labor.

The only issue I had after picking up the car is that they upgraded me to .36 and now the TACC is very sensitive to parked cars in my neighborhood. It continually slows down when cars are parked on the right side of the road and the cruise control is engaged. I will call Tesla Support to let them know of the issue.