Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any news on a new front console?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, here is what I know. After taking delivery of my S on March 3rd, 2016 I placed an order for the Tesla Accessories Center Console via the Tesla Gear Website. A short time later I received an email from Tesla saying that they were coming up with a new Integrated Center Console with rear cup holders and an improved optional iPhone/Andriod docking station.

I was given two options.... get the older Tesla Center Console or cancel the order for it and order the New Integrated Accessories Center Console.... I canceled and ordered the new one. BTW, this new one has not been shown in the Tesla Online Accessories web site yet.

here is the content of the message that Tesla sent me....

Dear Tesla Customer,

Close communication between customers, service, and engineering enables us to proactively address concerns and fix issues. Customer feedback over the last three years has helped us innovate and continues to drive us towards accomplishing our mission of a sustainable transportation future.

Earlier this week we finalized a new front center console design for Model S. This update will become the new standard for all Model S builds. The integrated design, trimmed in black with chrome accents, features:
  • Covered storage with improved sliding cover and removable dividers for custom layout
  • Flip-up lid with rubber grips and a pass-through to allow installation of a phone dock kit (purchased separately)
  • Retractable rear cup holders that can accommodate up to two cups

The Model S Integrated Console will be made available for purchase through the Tesla Gear site and Service Center locations in the weeks to come. As a current order holder for the first generation Premium Front Console, we would like to offer you an exclusive reservation opportunity. If you wish to purchase the integrated console, this reservation will provide you priority delivery upon parts availability. The price for the new console will be $1250 USD. Shipping and installation are complimentary.

When signing up, please include your VIN or vehicle reservation number. When parts are received by your preferred Service Center, a Service Concierge will contact you to schedule the installation appointment. Payment for the integrated console will be accepted through your Service Center following the installation.

If you would like to keep your original order for the Premium Front Console, it will be sent to your preferred Service Center and a Service Concierge will contact you to schedule the installation appointment after it is received.

At your earliest convenience, please reply to [email protected] to indicate which console you would prefer to move forward with. This exclusive offer for order priority of the Model S Integrated Console will end on 4/15/2016. After this date, orders for the integrated console will be placed in the normal queue.

Sincerely,

The Tesla Accessories Team

I suggest that if you have a Model S with just the Yacht Floor and want the new Integrated Console that you contact Tesla Accessories.

So what has happened?

My original order was cancelled and my credit card charge was refunded.
I have received a confirmation of the new Integrated Console.
About 2 weeks ago, I inquired as to the status / progress.
I was then told that the new console was not shipping out yet but the schedule looked good for a late May delivery to my Service Center.
My local Service Center has not yet received my console or any other new Integrated Center Console to date.

Fingers Crossed.

Last edited:
And perhaps reimburse those of us who paid $600 for a console, given that the cost of the console was not included in the car?
There have been many times where Tesla has changed the Model S configuration to include something as standard that before was optional. For those who already paid for the once-optional item Tesla did not reimburse them. Current cars have features as standard that I paid extra for in late 2013.

Tesla makes changes to their products without advance notice and does not use the traditional annual "model year" system. You just have to accept the fact that a feature you may have paid extra for could suddenly become standard. You won't be compensated for that.