Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Interest in a Formal HPWC Charging Exchange via Membership?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know you are very well intentioned and trying to improve things. With that in mind, For some of us who've been seriously building a charging community and sharing our plugs for several years now, it's easy to be put off by some of your comments. Oh, and one more thing, since you're so late to the EV party and all, you must not be a true early adopter and visionary.

Oh I'm sorry, I was just joking. (now do you see why some of us might bristle at your comments?)

OK, in all honesty I'm glad you started this thread and posted because you actually brought up a couple of good points...

Also, does Plugshare let you put in fields to check that there is wi-fi @, refreshments available, waiting area, or any other # of things. You can put tons of options like public parks nearby, nearby pool, distance to beach, biking trails, hiking trails, public libraries, cafes/restaurants, etc. ...

I agree on this point about PlugShare. It's always bugged me how incomplete they were with information. I've sent them multiple comments but they are almost deaf to what I've said and very slow (if ever) to make any changes. Why have they NEVER had a selection for how many amps you're able to provide? That's one of the first and most important things you want to know! For years they only had 2 or 3 plug types (no choice for any Tesla) despite many of us complaining to them. So for those of you who think we can just change Plugshare, I'm sorry but THEY ARE UNRESPONSIVE!

I've been told to use Recargo because it's better, started by a Tesla owner, etc, but they have never been very good on the east coast.

I heard your comments about how the members would be more serious if they had to pay a small fee, but I don't believe it's true. My experience with PlugShare members is that they are much more serious than you assume. The vast majority are people you wouldn't mind having at your house. If you're worried about that, just say no to anyone who doesn't appear to meet your standards. You'd have to do that with any network. I live on the route between Boston and Montreal, about 180 miles from each, so I've had a lot of Tesla travelers stop here for juice. Sometimes I'm busy and don't even greet them. Other times I enjoy their company.

In conclusion, I think another effort should be made to get PlugShare to get their act together and implement some of what you're talking about. I'm not sure you appreciate the effort it takes to get something like this started from scratch, and starting with one of the networks we have, like PlugShare/Recargo would be a whole lot easier. If they continue to be unresponsive, build an app for Kevin Sharpe's organization's database, which is open. Just my .02 which is worth about that much...