Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Tesla fire in a garage, this time in Toronto

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Several of you seem too uptight, eager to jump to conclusions and go on witch hunts. Calm down.

Allegedly the fire department indicated that the fire was from the Tesla. Even if it did come from the Tesla, that doesn't necessarily mean it is Tesla's fault. It's possible that the origin of the fire was an aftermarket modification.

Allegations are often unfounded. It's possible the origin wasn't the Tesla.

Hopefully we will know soon what the fire department officially says.

Supposedly Tesla had seven people there to investigate the fire, hopefully Tesla will soon disclose the facts and their findings.

Either way the facts need to be known. If the fault is not Tesla, then the cloud needs to be lifted. If the fault is Tesla's, then the truth needs to be known in case it is a common underlining problem, so the problem could be fixed.

For the most part few, if any here could do the footwork. People here should keep pressure on Tesla, the fire department and the media to find and reveal the truth.

Um... every time there has been a Model S fire, people have speculated the same things. Oh it must be a modification... or the owner's fault... or fraud... or the car was hit by a UFO death ray. So far none of these speculations proved to be true in the past, and I am reasonably confident nothing of the sort is true here as well. I understand that many are eager to shift the focus away from the vehicle, but it's clear from Tesla's carefully worded response and offer of compensation that the car was involved. The only question is what caught on fire, and why.

I'm shocked nobody has offered the "spontaneous human combustion" angle. It seems we've exhausted every other ridiculous possibility. Keep it real.