Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Model 3 color poll!?!.........YES.

Which color is better to "show off"/entice my neighbors?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At work we have fleet car/trucks and they are almost always white. I am so sick of seeing white cars I don't want to own one. Out of the two options you listed I would pick the midnight sliver. I think that is a nice color anyways and is second on my list for my car after red.

I see white cars/trucks I think fleet not personal car.

At work we have fleet car/trucks and they are almost always white. I am so sick of seeing white cars I don't want to own one. Out of the two options you listed I would pick the midnight sliver. I think that is a nice color anyways and is second on my list for my car after red.

I see white cars/trucks I think fleet not personal car.

Being pearl white helps a little to stand out from the fleet cars. Still, I get similar heat as you in Vegas so I'm all about white just for the heat rejection.

Reactions: Sportstick
Midnight Silver
I like the matching color of the wheels with the whole car, and the white interior.

tesla_0033.jpg

tesla_0001.jpg

tesla_open_0005.jpg

Last edited:
well I, for one, love a poll about color!
I've never been more obsessed about car colors than I've been over the past year...so bring em on!

I choose midnight silver here...I think it pops more than white when polished up nice. Add the ceramic coating for extra glossy look..that with the white interior and sport wheel. To me that's a definite contender.

Meanwhile....I continue to try to convince myself that this should be my first black car.

Uhh, if you really are serious, then you're looking for a light colored car. White or the silver basically. Easier to see in all lighting conditions, and the lighter colors allow shadows to be more easily seen so the body lines show up better.
I don't know about that. A nice metallic paint like midnight silver + paint correction + ceramic coating... that will probably show off the car more than plain white or silver.

Being pearl white helps a little to stand out from the fleet cars. Still, I get similar heat as you in Vegas so I'm all about white just for the heat rejection.
Ordinarily I'd agree with you about white cars being cooler but with the very dark glass roof on the Model 3 (and all new Model S/X cars) having white on the hood and sides of the car doesn't figure to help much with keeping cool in direct sun. Even the standard version without the full glass roof (PUP package) will just have a narrow body color strip over the front seats, from what I can tell. A white interior might help though.

Just something to keep in mind...

I obviously didn't word the poll amd thread post the right way and you obviously didnt see my disclaimer post....

No I didn't, I responded to your original post and I was perhaps a little harsh. I totally understand your excitement in wanting people to see your new car. To do that, make it white! Midnight silver will just blend in, but white will stick out. But remember, you aren't buying the car to impress others, you are buying it for YOU....so what do you want?

Ordinarily I'd agree with you about white cars being cooler but with the very dark glass roof on the Model 3 (and all new Model S/X cars) having white on the hood and sides of the car doesn't figure to help much with keeping cool in direct sun. Even the standard version without the full glass roof (PUP package) will just have a narrow body color strip over the front seats, from what I can tell. A white interior might help though.

Just something to keep in mind...

I'm well aware. My normal tint guy (who tinted the prototypes) really dislikes the extra large glass.

Because it has such a problem with the large glass area, every little extra you can get is even more important then. I'm really going to tint the crap out of this car, and I'm really considering the white interior as well because of the heat. Every little bit will help and from experience, the color actually does matter a lot. Had a silver car with a black interior. Huge difference compared to my other car with white paint and light tan interior. Same tint. And the white car had a pano roof (although it comes with an actual physical sun shade).

I'm well aware. My normal tint guy (who tinted the prototypes) really dislikes the extra large glass.

Because it has such a problem with the large glass area, every little extra you can get is even more important then. I'm really going to tint the crap out of this car, and I'm really considering the white interior as well because of the heat. Every little bit will help and from experience, the color actually does matter a lot. Had a silver car with a black interior. Huge difference compared to my other car with white paint and light tan interior. Same tint. And the white car had a pano roof (although it comes with an actual physical sun shade).
The problem with a glass roof, even when heavily tinted, is that it absorbs heat and transfers it by conduction to the air in the cabin. At least a metal roof is insulated on the underside. It is much the same for cold, the glass roof has little insulation value.

Not that there is much we can do about it -- Tesla likes glass roofs (and I don't).

The problem with a glass roof, even when heavily tinted, is that it absorbs heat and transfers it by conduction to the air in the cabin. At least a metal roof is insulated on the underside. It is much the same for cold, the glass roof has little insulation value.

Not that there is much we can do about it -- Tesla likes glass roofs (and I don't).

Does it get that hot in Colorado? There's not much you can do, but when you get to the 100+ temps, there does seem to be a line between uncomfortable and actual minor burns. Even if the air is warm, that's just uncomfortable. But, if the tint rejects enough heat and blocks the TSER enough, the surface of the seats (or anything made of stuff other than cloth) won't burn you when you touch it. That's my goal. With warm air, venting the car and/or pre-cooling it can take care of that. Yes, a metal roof would be much better but Elon (and my wife) like glass better. It gets to 115+ here and 120+ in Vegas, so the air inside will always be uncomfortably warm even if it were all metal. I'm more concerned about not getting actual burns on my skin because I will be wearing shorts and thin t-shirts in the summer.

Does it get that hot in Colorado? There's not much you can do, but when you get to the 100+ temps, there does seem to be a line between uncomfortable and actual minor burns. Even if the air is warm, that's just uncomfortable. But, if the tint rejects enough heat and blocks the TSER enough, the surface of the seats (or anything made of stuff other than cloth) won't burn you when you touch it. That's my goal. With warm air, venting the car and/or pre-cooling it can take care of that. Yes, a metal roof would be much better but Elon (and my wife) like glass better. It gets to 115+ here and 120+ in Vegas, so the air inside will always be uncomfortably warm even if it were all metal. I'm more concerned about not getting actual burns on my skin because I will be wearing shorts and thin t-shirts in the summer.
No, it doesn't get that hot here and I don't have to deal with hot seat burns as much since I wear long sleeves and long pants all year to reduce sun exposure for skin cancer reasons (high altitude = greater UV intensity). Don't much care for the idea of having to wear my broad brim hat inside the car to reduce glare and UV exposure, since even tinted glass will likely pass some UV.