Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Amazon After market Spoiler Install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SabrToothSqrl, Your install inspired me to do the same thing. I just received mine today and opened it up. First and foremost, some idiot had to cut into it to inspect the spoiler so the left a nice little scratch on the top. I might be able to buff it out, but how annoying. Secondly, did the bottom and top wrap meet? Mine looks like the dipped it wrong and the middle overlapped a tad bit (not noticeable) but the ends didnt so you can see a little bit more black. I could probably live with that too but there are these white specs (looks like paint) on the edges where the wrap didnt cover it. I'm wondering if yours was similar and you just scrapped off the white specs. I'm kinda afraid to do that because if takes off more black, it would look worse.
20150715_164439[1].jpg
20150715_172955[2].jpg

I bought the eBay spoiler from the same seller of the Amazon spoiler. Just installed it. I removed all the original red mounting tape from the underside of the spoiler and replaced it with the leftover red mounting tape from when I did the lighted appliqué install. This mofo aint going any where now. The drivers side end of the spoiler didn't lay flat but with the extensive mounting tape, it did.
IMG_5459.JPG
IMG_5458.JPG

First off, I think you could now lift the 4,600 lbs of car BY the spoiler. And secondly, I think you missed a spot. There's at least 1 sq mm. Showing. Better use some super glue.

ROFLMAO!

You're being modest, its only 4500 lbs. Seriously, about a minute after it was put on I did rock the car vigorously back and forth by the spoiler alone. It's about as permanent as can be. The original tape was actually on the spoiler when I got it. I saw yours was on a roll with the spoiler.

So my Tesla didn't come with a spoiler... and the OEM one is kind of expensive for a thin piece of what looks like fancy plastic.

So, I bought this one: Amazon.com: Jcsportline Jc-xp228-1 Trunk Boot Spoiler Carbon Fiber Lip Wing Fit for Tesla Model S Black: Automotive

Ordered it on a Monday, got it by Friday. From China

Other than being more shiny than OEM, it's a pretty good looking spoiler.

I took pics of it vs. OEM, along with a tape measure to make sure my install was as exact as possible. (I get my car back tonight, and will install this week).

So far from what I can tell, seems like a decent Product!
Thanx for the tip!

Ordered one :)

Seems needed for Ludicrous speed!