Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I the only person here that thinks that the front grill looks like a Ford Taurus?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A lot of people ask me about the similarity to the 2013 Fords... I simply tell them that Ford has done a good job of adding some of the best design elements in the industry to its cars.

That's crazy. It's looks like the Taurus in that all sedans essentially share the same lines but that's about it...
imgres.jpeg
imgres-1.jpeg

the fusion a little bit but again not really. The fusion is a good looking car though.
2013_ford_fusion_sedan_se_fq_oem_2_500.jpg
13_fusion_ltrear.jpg

Personally I think it looks alot like a Jag from the rear at least:
Jaguar-XF-9.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Love this grill, if you can get someone to fabricate - I'd love to know who...

I think softlauthor is working on a nosecone design. Saw it somewhere on his site, though I can't find it today....

http://www.teslaccessories.com/

My point was that Ford did a good job of stealing from Tesla, not the other way around. Some of the same lines on the new Fusion are seen, like the lines of every sedan, although the nose is what makes it look similar.

I really cant understand why Tesla is satiesfied whit the nosecone. It looks like a temporary "dummy". Hope they come up with a better solution. The grill is one of the most visible parts of the car and with a kind of Aston Martin type grill or similar, I feel that this car would REALLY stand out and the car would be uniform. Like the icing on the cake!!

I'm thinking about adding a couple upward fangs to the lower jaw in the outside similar to the single hanging tooth (the T logo) in the center. Maybe some eyebrows over the headlights ….

Or ad a 2nd tooth to the existing and go for the Larry The Cable Guy Mator look.