Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I Being Quoted Too High For My Wall Connector Installation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So as it stands, I’m going for a Wall Connector installation. I have it on hand and am reaching out to local electricians for quotes.

My panel is located within the garage itself so there’s not much labor here since it’ll be a couple feet away from the panel. What is a reasonable cost for this type of installation given my scenario? I’m being quoted anywhere from 600-900 for this and I think that’s a little rich for what is going to be an hour tops given the location of the panel? Am I being unreasonable or is this just the new reality of inflation and electricians making some cash from EV owners?

The main thing for me is I don’t want to go the cheap route and risk anything to save a couple hundred bucks so I don’t mind paying the money but is it really this expensive for a basic and relatively short installation like mine would be?

Also noting that there are some local and federal rebates so even if I pay something like 700, I’ll get around 300 or so back from tax credits but of course I’ll have to wait till next year for that. It’s not the end of the world but just curious what others have been quoted and charged.

Anyone have a similar installation scenario? How much did it cost?
depends on how far the electrician has to run the correct wire to your breaker. Mine is about 45-50ft away and he charged $900 for parts and labor. No problem so far