Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Discussion re: Tesla Motors Website & Forums

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Frustration says that, like thousands of others. Being promised dates and nothing happens, makes one wonder. No communication from Tesla makes some like to get frustrated, satirical, and hoping to get their X, sooner than 2016 end of year. Popping a ton on the X and waiting and little progress is not a good thing, and no response, or communication is typical. Five hours was an attempt, a poor way to express my continued and ongoing puzzlement with Tesla.

- - - Updated - - -

Nick Howe , when is your next installment ? If your him

I highly doubt the forum is going bye bye, most likely just being updated.

I bet Bonnie knows.

I heard my name :).

As they said on Saturday, the site was going to be down for maintenance. I believe they were aiming for 24-72 hours but, iirc, the message only indicated that was a goal, not a deadline.

Can't believe people are taking shots at the IT guys when 1) it was planned, 2) it was announced, and 3) they're not even outside the best case window that they gave.

C'mon. Be better than that.

Frustration says that, like thousands of others. Being promised dates and nothing happens, makes one wonder. No communication from Tesla makes some like to get frustrated, satirical, and hoping to get their X, sooner than 2016 end of year. Popping a ton on the X and waiting and little progress is not a good thing, and no response, or communication is typical. Five hours was an attempt, a poor way to express my continued and ongoing puzzlement with Tesla.

Again, they DID communicate. This wasn't a surprise.

There are things to complain about, this isn't one. Since you're upset over lack of communication on some other things, perhaps you should give positive feedback when they do exactly what you want. Fair?

- - - Updated - - -

I am confused weekend ?

I have no idea what that sentence is intended to say.

Great, reveal, then a drip of MX, took weeks for press to report about a law suit. MX Rampt up is not what anyone had expected. Radio silence.

Tesla a great company run by a fellow that can get things done.

I wait those things, frustrated. Still does NOT mean I have lost any respect to or for Tesla .Elon is a visionary, just squeeze out the 30K MX by year end and land people on Mars by 2025

Great, reveal, then a drip of MX, took weeks for press to report about a law suit. MX Rampt up is not what anyone had expected. Radio silence.

Tesla a great company run by a fellow that can get things done.

I wait those things, frustrated. Still does NOT mean I have lost any respect to or for Tesla .Elon is a visionary, just squeeze out the 30K MX by year end and land people on Mars by 2025

You realize we're talking about the Tesla Motors forum being currently unavailable, due to a planned downtime? This thread isn't about the X - just the company forum.

How difficult is it to put a simple banner on that page with an ETA.?

Good communication. Good manners.

Why would it take more than a weekend to update a forum software is beyond me.

I have had oversight responsibilities on production upgrades on fairly complex systems and I would guess an upgrade (essentially a cutover to the new environment) even on a completely redesigned forum software should not take multiple days if planned well.

How difficult is it to put a simple banner on that page with an ETA.?

Good communication. Good manners.

Why would it take more than a weekend to update a forum software is beyond me.

I have had oversight responsibilities on production upgrades on fairly complex systems and I would guess an upgrade (essentially a cutover to the new environment) even on a completely redesigned forum software should not take multiple days if planned well.

They did communicate. Perhaps not to your standards, but they did inform people.

For the life of me, I don't understand why people are so upset over a forum not available due to a planned action. Good manners, at least where I come from, would take the form of 'hey thanks for letting us know'. And then move on. We're talking about a free forum.

The conversation just isn't worth it. I suspect some just look for things to criticize.

You realize we're talking about the Tesla Motors forum being currently unavailable, due to a planned downtime? This thread isn't about the X - just the company forum.

###########

Maybe, some ought cool their jets. Forum missing and open end maintence. Just frustrated because the continued no Forum . if one is irritated I take a break, and try not to feel that Tesla is not doing communication to many peoples standards.

I try to do better to fulfill others standards. Forgive me my transgressions of mentioning, a new model.

Thanks

Tesla Forum Gone?

When I ordered my S in late 2013 I tried using the Tesla company forum. The user interface was pathetic and after a couple of weeks I discovered TMC and never went back. I'm puzzled as to why anyone cares at all that the Tesla company forum is offline.
I see no reason why Telsa Motors should expend any resources on operating and maintaining their own forum.