Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Discussion re: Tesla Motors Website & Forums

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla motors website just been hacked ?

I guess Tesla should have made better use of the "Hacker Princess", Kristin Paget, they hired away from Apple (Tesla Motors Snags From Apple | CleanTechnica). Oh, wait, she no longer works at Tesla (Kristin Paget (@KristinPaget) | Twitter)

Tesla needs to hire someone very paranoid who can map out avenues of access to their various assets.

Maybe start recruiting at Pwn2Own?

Edit: reported to Twitter that the @teslamotors account was being used to harass someone via their phone #.

The names, addresses, telephone numbers and Twitter IDs posted on the hacked pagesare probably just innocent targets. Apparently this kind of thing is common in doxing attacks; the idea is to cause victims to be harassed by many third parties. Best thing we can do is ignore it and wait for administrators to put it right.

Tesla needs to hire someone very paranoid who can map out avenues of access to their various assets.

Maybe start recruiting at Pwn2Own?

Edit: reported to Twitter that the @teslamotors account was being used to harass someone via their phone #.
If Tesla did take the website down, then at least there is someone that can respond quickly to these sort of things. Let's see how quickly they resolve the website and twitter account.

Are you serious ?
that's frightening !

Anyone else with similar issues ?
Wife is driving right now & VT & App thinks its sleeping.

I am tracking her with Find My Friends.

Screen Shot 2015-04-25 at 2.38.23 PM.png

Attachments

• IMG_0434.jpg
    IMG_0434.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 482
Site is displaying normally for me now on Safari. Yesterday going to the Tesla site on my PC caused the computer to crash with a windows shut down abnormally message, then on rebooting when I opened Firefox the Tesla site same up again and crashed the computer again.

What would be even more impressive is if someone hacks far enough to force all MSs to accelerate at full speed wherever they are even if they're parked in their garages. Can you imagine 60K+ Model Ss all crashing at the same time no matter where they are or what they're doing?

That's not impressive at all, that's called something else entirely. And I'm definitely not impressed by your post.