Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Discussion re: Tesla Motors Website & Forums

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they simply botched the web site transition. Wouldn't be the first time. People tend to really underestimate the job.

Yep, these things can be more daunting than anticipated. I was speaking a Tesla service rep on another issue and he basically said what Doug surmised. He also said that the owners section will be back up and running shortly. Good news!

Does anyone know of an email address we can send bug reports to Tesla regarding the new site?

I noticed both in Firefox 3.6.6 and Chrome 6.0.427.0 Dev build that the Roadster page seems way out of alignment and the color-picker covers up the Roadster a bit. The color-picker appears when you mouseover the Roadster.

teslasiteproblem.png

That's weird, when you log into your account on Tesla Motors' web site it's right there on the welcome page.

On the 'My Tesla' page? Hmm, don't see it. I'm probably in the wrong place.

Side note: Anyone ever get hit up for gas money while driving the Roadster? I stopped to get my car 'inspected' which is required here in Texas for some reason and a guy walked up to me from the gas station a few feet away to ask questions about the car for about 5 minutes. Didn't have any idea what a Tesla Roadster was but as he was leaving, he asked for gas money.

Interesting. This version of their web site first appeared the day my Roadster was delivered (simultaneously with 2.5 announcement), so it never showed anything except "In your garage" (later "Your Roadster is delivered"). The previous version allowed me to download the manuals back when I first made the reservation. I have no idea if there is a similar feature in the new version.

Contact "Your Customer Advocate" (shown just to the right) and ask him to send you the PDF manuals.

When the website changed with the 2.5 announcement, I lost a bunch of useful information on my car. The "My Tesla" screen for me just says Welcome and Member #, no car information. The old site had my car specs. I suspect something got lost because I order my car just before the 2.5 was announced and the day of the announcement I got a phone call saying I was getting a 2.5.

What vin number are you? I was 938 and just before everyone else got the 2.5 . Just wondering what vin number the 2.5 started at to make me feel worse....

nm just saw 1026 - anyone know what number they started the 2.5's at?

Last edited:
On the bright side, you would have got quite a few 2.5 upgrades in your 2.0, including the new seats, sound insulation, improved PEM, improved antenna... pretty much everything that was "under the hood". All that is in my 919, I'm told.

True enough. When my car finally goes in for repairs - I am going to ask what it would cost to change out the front and rear to 2.5 panels while it's there. Will update once I know more.

True enough. When my car finally goes in for repairs - I am going to ask what it would cost to change out the front and rear to 2.5 panels while it's there. Will update once I know more.

It would be interesting to know what that would cost. You might want to ask well in advance; some time would probably be required to prepare the replacement parts. Rumor has it that you can also get the dash upgraded.