Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All discussion of Lucid Motors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw my first Lucid in flesh today.
IMG_1406-1.jpg

Even here in Silicon Valley, Lucids are not exactly a common sight. Couple a week. I see lots more Rivian - both R1T and the occasional R1S.
Indeed, because there literally are not many Lucid vehicles on the road anywhere. Lucid produced only 7,180 vehicles in 2022 and its actual number of deliveries in 2022 was only 4,369. And pre-2022 production and deliveries were essentially negligible (they did not even start deliveries until late 2021). So Lucid does not have much of a footprint yet. Lucid's anticipated 2023 production is not going change that a lot.

Reactions: Doggydogworld
Lucid has started deliveries of Air Pure starting at $87,400.

Coincidently, there are new Tesla price cuts.

Model X now start at $94.990

Model S starts at $84,990

I wonder if Tesla will have Model X price cuts when Lucid Gravity starts deliveries to start at ~$2,500 below the Gravity?
IMHO continuing S/X price cuts are in response to ballooning inventory (127 days!), not anything Lucid did.

Base S and X are down 20k and 26k from start of year, btw. Plaid are down 31k and 34k. A big FU to anyone who bought late last year.

IMHO continuing S/X price cuts are in response to ballooning inventory (127 days!), not anything Lucid did.

Rising inventories are in part attributed to what Lucid did. Also what BMW did (i7), Mercedes did(EQS sedan). Taycan was doing really well but the Russo-Ukrainian war hit it particularly hard. All Taycan electric harnesses were made in Ukraine.

The premium electric SUVs like Rivian, EQS SUV etc have had similar effects on Model X demand. 100k units per year demand for S/X were with no direct BEV competition.

None of those high-priced EVs, Lucid, Tesla, Mercedes, etc. are great value for money. Indeed, that can be said of the premium auto category generally, whether ICE or EV. You pay a *lot* more money for a little bit better car (if that), some bells and whistles, and the 'cachet' of owning a high-priced car. I will be interested in Lucid if they ever release something in the category of the Model 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056 and DBV1
None of these premium electric sedans are worth what they want for them, especially in this economy and high interest rates. I think all of them will drop and are overpriced. Lucid is going to have to drop their price soon, as there is no way I would pay that much more for it than the Model S. If they don’t, I don’t know how they survive with just a sedan. I also really like the Lucid Air. I consider the Lucid Touring more of the competitor to the Model S LR.

Tesla needs to bring the Model S back down to around $77k, which I think is right around what they should be charging. That is what I paid for my refresh and would not pay any more than that. The Covid market made everything crazy and hopefully all that comes back down to earth. It is going to have too.

• Love
Reactions: chinney
Lucid Q1 P&D numbers are out: Lucid Announces Q1 Production & Deliveries, Sets Date for First Quarter 2023 Results | Lucid Group, Inc.

The company produced 2,314 vehicles during Q1 at its manufacturing facility in Arizona and delivered 1,406 vehicles during the same period.

Production was below the low end of their guidance for they year of 10-14k. (And ~35% below 22Q4 production.)

But they only delivered 60% of the quarter's production, so they are still significantly adding to inventory. Demand seems to be a real problem. (I highly doubt more than 4k vehicles are in transit. That was the excuse people used for the 22Q4 inventory number, but could they really not get vehicles shipped and delivered in more than 3 months?)

So, it seems that demand is still a problem even though they have started delivering vehicles in Europe and Saudia Arbia. (Or at least demand for what they have/can produce.)

I saw three Lucid Airs at a house in Palmdale this weekend, one of which was under a tarp.

If you’re not familiar with Palmdale, CA, it’s not a place where households commonly have $375,000 worth of automobiles lying around in the front yard.

It immediately made me wonder if there was something unusual going on with their “deliveries.”