Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alignment no longer part of Annual Service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So much for the comprehensive nature of the $400-$700 they collect. Early owners used to brag about the car being torn down and reassembled during these "inspections," all incise, all included in the price.
Not only that, the way I read the agreement they get to decide what's necessary and what's not. So, you are paying $400-$700 flat rate, and not necessarily getting everything. Not sounding like such a good deal to me.

I have my 1st annual service visit tomorrow at Rockville. I purchased A 4-year plan in May 2015 when alignment was covered.

I was hoping to be able to print out and bring a copy of my service agreement, just in case, however I now see that the online service plan under My Tesla has been changed to one dated February 8, 2016.

Does anyone have a pdf of the 4-year plan that was active in May 2015? I'm hoping it won't be necessary.

EDIT/UPDATE: Just called Rockville and they said they would honor the alignment being covered. Apparently brake cleaning/adjusting/lubrication still isn't covered. Would still be nice to have a copy of the old agreement.
I managed to dig mine up, but it's from late 2013. Probably different from yours. The email subject was "Receipt for your Tesla services". You could probably use that to find your copy.

Pretty sneaky that on the website they change the agreement you purchased to whatever the most recent language may be.

That said, I had mine in for my annual back in April and they did the alignment as requested without fuss. I guess I'll see what happens when I'm in for my 3 year here in a few months (I was late on my 2 year).

I have the 2014 agreement which says wheel alignment is included but that Tesla can change the inspections done at any time without notice. I believe the effect of this is that Tesla does not have to do a wheel alignment every year if it's not needed. However, if one is needed, they can't charge for it.

I just took it in for the second annual service. They did everything listed on the website for year 2. It needed alignment and they did it. No extra charge.

FYI, the current service rate is $150/hour at Highland Park.