Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alert popped up ‘Unable to DC Fast Charge - Ok to AC charge’. CP_a163

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Popped out for some lunch, parked up all good. Jumped back in after eating and before leaving the car park, an alert popped up ‘Unable to DC Fast Charge - Ok to AC charge’. CP_a163. Arranged a SC appointment for next week, diagnosed as cable replacement, AC Cable - Charge Port to HV battery. Drove to another location parked up, left car for 10 mins, returned still had alert. Drive home parked up, now tonight I’ve gone out and the alert is gone.

Still going To the SC appointment, as it was diagnosed and don’t want to take the chance this returns when on long distance trip or need to make one. Will let you know how I get on.

Popped out for some lunch, parked up all good. Jumped back in after eating and before leaving the car park, an alert popped up ‘Unable to DC Fast Charge - Ok to AC charge’. CP_a163. Arranged a SC appointment for next week, diagnosed as cable replacement, AC Cable - Charge Port to HV battery. Drove to another location parked up, left car for 10 mins, returned still had alert. Drive home parked up, now tonight I’ve gone out and the alert is gone.

Still going To the SC appointment, as it was diagnosed and don’t want to take the chance this returns when on long distance trip or need to make one. Will let you know how I get on.
Same message here on Model 3 long range last week service booked in for this week.

Made the trip to the SC this morning and was all done in the space of 30 mins. Latest AC harness cable installed, this one is gen3, mine was factory fitted gen2. Waited while it was done, couple of coffees, nice chat with one of the guys in the showroom. Thanks to technician who called the evening before and did the work today, really nice guy and all round great service. Credit were credit is due!

Reactions: Cardo
hey will probably fix it with a software update…
It is not a software bug, as mentioned above and another post it is a Gen 2 harness issue - the new harness doesn’t have the same design flaw. You have to make a service request and change the harness. The only trouble if you ignore it is when you are on long drives and have to SC this can recur and I was unable to charge for a while.

I got this message today, so did a service request which gave me a date for Bristol SC of 29th Nov, then when I agreed the £0 estimate it changed to 4th Dec, not happy as I have to drive to Liverpool that day and it is 194 miles, so can't do it without supercharging . Parts on order supposedly, plus another job they want to do which is a service bulletin. Hopefully it will only take an hour or so.