Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Albuquerque

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My P85 was delivered today. I've seen at least three different Model S around town (brown, blue & white), my wife has seen another silver, and my brother a silver (same one?) with tag TESLA1. Any of you members here? I've seen ExhilR8's track videos in another thread, but haven't seen any sig reds driving around.

Congrats rlpm. Maybe we could get a few of us locals together for a group track day at Sandia.

Hi Albuquerque Tesla owners. You guys are my heroes! I'm so excited to see your cars winding through the Duke city. So far I've spotted 3. Silver, Midnight Blue, and Dark Red. In any case, I hope to one day one a Tesla vehicle, but in the mean time, I've purchased 72 shares of stock, hopefully to help the cause. If you guys ever have a meeting to group track day, I'd love to come out and just drool and perhaps go on a short ride.

Welcome, Pixelsaurus! Those shares will help quite a bit to get your own. Come up with a savings plan, and stick to it. That'll help as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats rlpm. Maybe we could get a few of us locals together for a group track day at Sandia.

Thanks. A track day would be fun. And a get together at the base of the Tram would make for an excellent photo op.

Folks, another proud tesla owner here, p85 nonetheless. perhaps the pearl white one mentioned prior. i know of one other owner in town. if anyone needs an electrician for a very reasonable 220 volt outlet assembly, let me know and i will forward the info. i had quite an adventure with mine but from research this has been the only car with problems. i want to hear others' stories and would not be opposed to a meeting. thanks in advance, ryan

Got my P60 Model S in 2013 red on 4/20. Haven't seen any others around town yet, but I keep hearing about spottings. Looking forward to pulling up to a light next to one of you and exchanging knowing looks!

I also want to let everyone know about an American Lung Association event on May 18 at Mesa del Sol. It's a wine, beer, and cheese tasting event with an additional focus on clean energy and clean vehicles. I think they are planning on having a display there from PNM and I know they are trying to get demos of various clean cars. They have written directly to Tesla, but I think it is unlikely that a demo car and representative will be sent. It would be great to get local owners to attend the event, support a good cause, and display their vehicles for all to see/envy. Go to American Lung Association in New Mexico, Albuquerque - American Lung Association if you're interested and let me know if you're coming.

If find yourself in the Santa Fe area this Saturday 9am-3pm. The El Dorado community is having a Solar Fiesta! There will be a new level 2 charging station installed (Santa Fe's third level 2 charger) and members of the New Mexico Electric Auto Association with their cars. Any "Telsa Time" you can give will go a long way here. Residents of El Dorado tend to be green and prosperous. Will be held in the Agora Courtyard. There will be Live music, food, and wine.

Come be a rock star and turn some heads and minds in Santa Fe. One Model S owner from Santa Fe already coming. Would be cool if this became a Tesla meetup! Would love to see all the different color Model Ses.

If find yourself in the Santa Fe area this Saturday 9am-3pm. The El Dorado community is having a Solar Fiesta! There will be a new level 2 charging station installed (Santa Fe's third level 2 charger) and members of the New Mexico Electric Auto Association with their cars. Any "Telsa Time" you can give will go a long way here. Residents of El Dorado tend to be green and prosperous. Will be held in the Agora Courtyard. There will be Live music, food, and wine.

Come be a rock star and turn some heads and minds in Santa Fe. One Model S owner from Santa Fe already coming. Would be cool if this became a Tesla meetup! Would love to see all the different color Model Ses.

Damn. I'm in Eldorado and I totally missed that. In fact I saw my first Model S today at the Cerrillos Whole Foods.

New Owner in Training

I've just clicked the [ORDER] button and now await my future.

It is amazing to finally see a "real" electric car with these specs make it into full production. Equally amazing is to see its international popularity.

Even though I've been waiting 25 years for this day to happen. I suspect the next two months are going to really challenge my patience.

Adding one more Model S to the ranks!
Cheers

PS: Any sage advice would be appreciated. Confirmation is on the 29th.

Config: S85, Black/Black, 19" Std, Twin Chargers, Tech Package, Air Suspension, Sub Zero.

I've just clicked the [ORDER] button and now await my future.

It is amazing to finally see a "real" electric car with these specs make it into full production. Equally amazing is to see its international popularity.

Even though I've been waiting 25 years for this day to happen. I suspect the next two months are going to really challenge my patience.

Adding one more Model S to the ranks!
Cheers

Config: S85, Black/Black, 19" Std, Twin Chargers, Tech Package, Air Suspension, Sub Zero.

Congrats! I think you ordered all the options here that many would consider important or useful (85 kWh, tech package, air suspension).

First: Congratulations on your order.
Next: My sage advise, To ensure you have an appropriate welcoming home for your new car, Please be sure you have the NEMA 14-30 outlet, NEMA 14-50 outlet or HPWC installed.
Life is so much easier with a fully charged car each morning.
(Primary Charging at home with 110V is possible/doable, but not advised as your sole power source.)

Last edited: