Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air vs Springs Suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This isn't about eyes. I'd like to see a double blinded prospective study

I was making a joke. Double masked and double blinded are the same methodology, it's just that we avoid the term 'blinded' in my field. Makes people nervous. :wink:

I fully agree, it would be nice to do a double-masked study of experienced (and not so experienced) drivers comparing cars with different suspensions to see whether they can really tell the difference without knowing what they're driving. Not sure it has to be double masked (meaning the person collecting data from the drivers needs to be masked as well), single-masked (meaning the drivers are masked to the suspension type) would probably be sufficient.

A couple of clicks, and a few seconds. I usually do it just as I approach my driveway, and by the time the car is in a position where it needs the height, it has already finished raising itself up.

While not instantaneous, the screen makes it quite easy to click, so you can quickly hit raise while driving, for example when you see a surface street with issues up ahead.

Geofenced ride height would be superb, and shouldn't be that onerous to implement. I believe Tesla geofences the on-vehicle charging setup, so you always charge at the same setting at the same location.