Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air suspension issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear friends,

I need advice from people knowledgeable about car mechanics. I own a Model X 90D, and yesterday during a drive, an error appeared – please see the photo. Prior to this, for many months, there was a persistent error in the service menu (only there, as there was nothing on the main screen) indicating an "air spring leak." In June and July, the car was at the service center, but they couldn't find the issue.

Currently, the car doesn't raise at all, and the ride height is very low. While driving, I feel every bump with my rear end. The closest service appointment is not until September 22nd.

My question: how safe is it to drive a car with non-functional air suspension (I'm currently driving very cautiously and avoiding bumps), and what could be the consequences? I am seeking answers ONLY from individuals who have a good understanding of car mechanics (Tesla is not the first to use air suspension in cars).

Attachments

• IMG_2267.jpeg
    IMG_2267.jpeg
    328.8 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_2268.jpeg
    IMG_2268.jpeg
    554.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_2269.jpeg
    IMG_2269.jpeg
    577.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_2270.jpeg
    IMG_2270.jpeg
    571.6 KB · Views: 138
Yes. This is MCU2 as well. Do you know answer to my original question ?
Not definitively, but I don’t think I’d advise driving it at all whilst deflated - other components are likely to be damaged, along with giving you a bone shaker of a ride

I‘ve seen other threads on air suspension trouble - you’re probably looking at a new compressor. There are ways to get it working again, like replace the fuse or reset it. If the system is empty, you’ll need a refill of nitrogen as well

I was "lucky" enough to have the "Air suspension disabled" error happen right after a mobile service tech touched it. I was able to reach out to the mobile service tech and have him come back. He was unable to reset it and advised that I call road-side and tell them it was all the way down so it would be towed to the service center. I believe this implies that someone knowledgable of X air suspension specifically thinks you shouldn't drive it .

Dear friends,

I need advice from people knowledgeable about car mechanics. I own a Model X 90D, and yesterday during a drive, an error appeared – please see the photo. Prior to this, for many months, there was a persistent error in the service menu (only there, as there was nothing on the main screen) indicating an "air spring leak." In June and July, the car was at the service center, but they couldn't find the issue.

Currently, the car doesn't raise at all, and the ride height is very low. While driving, I feel every bump with my rear end. The closest service appointment is not until September 22nd.

My question: how safe is it to drive a car with non-functional air suspension (I'm currently driving very cautiously and avoiding bumps), and what could be the consequences? I am seeking answers ONLY from individuals who have a good understanding of car mechanics (Tesla is not the first to use air suspension in cars).
Sometimes what can happen is this will come up in situations where the compressor get too hot, From what i can see from the service menu is that there is an overcurrent error.

Sometimes what can happen is this will come up in situations where the compressor get too hot, From what i can see from the service menu is that there is an overcurrent error.
Tesla replaced compressor and complete more parts for free under my used vehicle warranty (I’m surprised because before they try to charge me for everything des my warranty)
P.S. Overcurrent error related to MCU. They told me do not pay attention to it.

Attachments

• IMG_3341.png
    IMG_3341.png
    616.2 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_3342.png
    IMG_3342.png
    937.5 KB · Views: 108
Reactions: MSJack