Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How cheap do you need them to be?
VMR Wheels in Anaheim are having a winter sale, so if you´re not that picky, you should be able to find a set of new wheels for $6-700.
The V721 model is discontinued and if they have any left it will be cheap.

Thanks! I will look into them. Any thoughts on the weight/quality? I am hoping not to lose too much mileage if possible :)

Well I have experience with its antecedent tire but that's not the same the Michelin Supersport. In any case I'd get the Tesla specific Tire just because we don't know and it's probably almost impossible to find out what other changes Tesla had Michelin bake into the tire. You can bet that whatever they did it makes it a better fit for the model 3
20190109_145159.jpg

This I think gives you a good image for seeing how nicely the stock 4S tire fills out a 9 inch wheel. It's really a perfect match

Thanks! I will look into them. Any thoughts on the weight/quality? I am hoping not to lose too much mileage if possible :)

If you're getting a really inexpensive wheel I would be really concerned about vulnerability to impact. Those are all most likely made in China and some of them are excellent deals and reasonable quality but some of them are just plain dangerous. Hard to discriminate those two possibilities without a whole lot of user data which is unlikely to be available. For only a little bit more money you can get a great set of vorsteiner wheels at EVS. Ask for Haywood

If you're getting a really inexpensive wheel I would be really concerned about vulnerability to impact. Those are all most likely made in China and some of them are excellent deals and reasonable quality but some of them are just plain dangerous. Hard to discriminate those two possibilities without a whole lot of user data which is unlikely to be available. For only a little bit more money you can get a great set of vorsteiner wheels at EVS. Ask for Haywood

Thanks so much!

I'm waiting for a call back from him. I'm also looking into VMR wheels although i believe they may be cast and am considering if the upgrade is worth the additional $1k that I'd be spending (+ more if i were to go for coating)

Any other thoughts that would sway my decision one way or another?

Reactions: dfwatt
No first hand experience with VMR yet. I have two sets on order. One set form each wheel line. Weight depends very much on the wheel design. You´d have to ask VMR.

The BMW crowd here has been using the VMR "CSL clone" V703 wheel for a number of years and I have a friend that has a VMR set on his BMW 850. I have heard only good things locally.

Beeing half way around the world I did as much research as I could and found a few unsatisfied customers posting on forums, but nothing major. VMR seems to have tried their best to resolve the few situations I found. They have been active on several forums. The thing that sealed the deal for me was the comunication I´ve had with VMR. They answered all my quiestions and sent me pictures. They even contacted a customer to ask him to stop by with his car to get pictures of his setup for me. He may be on here. Red Model 3 with VMR V710FF.

I belive the Luxury line is a cast wheel, and I plan to use mine as winter wheels, and the flow formed line is just that, flow formed.

A client just came in and purchased one of the special sets of VFF-107 in Zara Gray. Here's some pictures of it on a non-performance Model 3. Fitment is on point.

I only have a few sets left, so if anyone wants to take advantage of this special before I run out, now is your one opportunity.

DSC02911.JPG
DSC02912.JPG
DSC02913.JPG
DSC02914.JPG
DSC02915.JPG
DSC02916.JPG
DSC02917.JPG
DSC02919.JPG
DSC02920.JPG
DSC02921.JPG

Thanks so much!

I'm waiting for a call back from him. I'm also looking into VMR wheels although i believe they may be cast and am considering if the upgrade is worth the additional $1k that I'd be spending (+ more if i were to go for coating)

Any other thoughts that would sway my decision one way or another?

Which Model 3 do you have?

A client just came in and purchased one of the special sets of VFF-107 in Zara Gray. Here's some pictures of it on a non-performance Model 3. Fitment is on point.

I only have a few sets left, so if anyone wants to take advantage of this special before I run out, now is your one opportunity.

View attachment 367652 View attachment 367653 View attachment 367654 View attachment 367655 View attachment 367656 View attachment 367657 View attachment 367658 View attachment 367659 View attachment 367660 View attachment 367661

I can vouch for Haywood's service and responsiveness to customer needs. Highly recommended!

Reactions: EVS Motors
Needs to be 5x114.3 also need to know offsets.

More specifically, AWD performance models with Brembo brake have a thinner rotor hat, and thus need ~5mm less offset. Stock offsets are 35mm on AWD P models, and 40mm on everything else. While a modest jog in or out of a few mm is something that you can typically accommodate, larger changes in offset are REALLY undesirable from the standpoint of two issues; 1) changes in so called scrub radius, which affects behavior under braking and with flat tires; 2) in more positive offset than stock (which moves wheel inboard), possible collision of front tire and/or wheel with central inner suspension arm - extremely undesirable, as it will preclude mounting your expensive aftermarket wheel at all; 3) in more negative offset, increased aerodynamic drag and some loss of range. In general, there is less space for moving wheels inboard on the front - the rear can accommodate a 10.5X20 with 45mm offset even on performance models, due to more space relative to suspension components.

Last edited:

View attachment 367652 View attachment 367653 View attachment 367654 View attachment 367655 View attachment 367656 View attachment 367657 View attachment 367658 View attachment 367659 View attachment 367660 View attachment 367661

Hard to tell in pics sometimes...do the wheels poke at all or perfectly flush with fender?

That’s an awesome deal on the VFF 107’s!! I’d be all over it, but didn’t want to run 9” and 10.5” Does Vorsteiner and other companies spec their off the shelf wheels, ie. Widths/Offsets....for non performance, performance(p3d+) or compromise between both?

Hard to tell in pics sometimes...do the wheels poke at all or perfectly flush with fender?

That’s an awesome deal on the VFF 107’s!! I’d be all over it, but didn’t want to run 9” and 10.5” Does Vorsteiner and other companies spec their off the shelf wheels, ie. Widths/Offsets....for non performance, performance(p3d+) or compromise between both?

These wheels are flush fitment. I'm not really sure I understand your second question.

Most "off the shelf" come spec'd to be used for many other cars. The same fitment setup applies for other cars like the Lexus GS350, Infiniti Q50 or the Honda Accord but these Vorsteiner wheels originally released spec'd for the Lexus GS350.

Now, between the non PUP and PUP, these would work best on the non PUP and the PUP would require a 3mm spacer to clear the exposed step in the spindle.

Second question was referring to flush fitment for non peformance cars....or flush for performance cars with the thinner rotors. Since they are thinner and require 5mm more offset to be the same fitment.
Same offsets are used whether you have a performance or non performance, only difference is whether or not the hub of the wheels can accept the different hub size on the performance models. Our VFF-107 wheels will fit non performance and performance models.

Here's a performance Model 3 with the exact same wheels/fitment. I think I posted these already but in case they are lost somewhere...
46663962_10213077819722723_6306675049109651456_o.jpg
46673826_10213077820402740_579562513260085248_o.jpg
46712076_10213077821322763_9089517882131349504_o.jpg

Attachments

• 46887077_10213077819962729_6050681297322377216_o.jpg
    46887077_10213077819962729_6050681297322377216_o.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: JDP566
Second question was referring to flush fitment for non peformance cars....or flush for performance cars with the thinner rotors. Since they are thinner and require 5mm more offset to be the same fitment.

Flush for non PUP and for stock height. A little tucked in in my opinion for a lowered Model 3.

we posted one a few months ago.

43614471340_96c7e2f9c5_c.jpg

Reactions: JDP566