Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems there is a void yet to be filled:

I'm surprised @Tsportline and @UnpluggedP havent created yet what i'd call an ULTIMATE range or road trip wheel, a Forged 18" or 19" super lightweight wheel which then accepts aero covers - (or they make their own aero cover for) when you want aero covers... Slap them on for long range trips... lighter & stronger than the factory aero 18's, fits on the Model 3 Performance.

This seems to be a void yet to be addressed by any wheel manufacturers, wouldn't be hard to do, and really would be the ultimate solution for performance and range on the Model 3....

Definitely not any version of an ultimate solution for performance but perhaps one way of improving range. Curious why you don't consider putting on the UP front spoiler and just lowering the car a bit. That makes a bigger difference than the Aero Wheels in terms of drag, and improves the look of the car too. Aero Wheels on the other hand aren't going to win any style contests. And for sure the 18-inch wheel itself looks too small relative to the wheel openings.

If anyone wants the Brixton RF7 wheels...

Only 3 sets of satin anthracite left. I'm offering an even steeper discount off the last satin black set due to some TINY blemishes on 1 wheel from shipping. PM me if you're interested in the last satin black or satin anthracite sets.

Retail for a set brand new is $2730, I'm selling this specific set for SOLD shipped in continental US! Last set so once this sells, it's gone!

Here's pictures of the tiny blemishes:

dsc04923-jpg.416589
dsc04921-jpg.416590
dsc04920-jpg.416591
dsc04919-jpg.416592

Last edited:

Only 3 sets of satin anthracite left. I'm offering an even steeper discount off the last satin black set due to some TINY blemishes on 1 wheel from shipping. PM me if you're interested in the last satin black or satin anthracite sets.

Retail for a set brand new is $2730, I'm selling this specific set for $1699 shipped in continental US! Last set so once this sells, it's gone!

dsc04923-jpg.416589
dsc04921-jpg.416590
dsc04920-jpg.416591
dsc04919-jpg.416592

Pictures are not visible

SOLD

Retail for a set brand new is $2730, I'm selling this specific set for SOLD shipped in continental US! Last set so once this sells, it's gone!

dsc04923-jpg.416589
dsc04921-jpg.416590
dsc04920-jpg.416591
dsc04919-jpg.416592

• Informative
Reactions: P2AT
Definitely not any version of an ultimate solution for performance but perhaps one way of improving range. Curious why you don't consider putting on the UP front spoiler and just lowering the car a bit. That makes a bigger difference than the Aero Wheels in terms of drag, and improves the look of the car too. Aero Wheels on the other hand aren't going to win any style contests. And for sure the 18-inch wheel itself looks too small relative to the wheel openings.

Actually I AM considering doing both mods, you asking yourself why I'm not considering those is a total assumption.

Yet, with those two mods, I am still looking for a wheel solution - one which is lighter, has better aero, and fits over performance brakes.

12000 bucks for a wheels that will increase your range a bit? That seems like a wild stretch. Guys will spend that much money to improve performance and looks but not range. Sorry, that's an item with an incredibly small Market

I'd spend on both. And a lighter wheel with aero would be BOTH a performance and a range improvement. Not just a range improvement.

Actually I AM considering doing both mods, you asking yourself why I'm not considering those is a total assumption.

Yet, with those two mods, I am still looking for a wheel solution - one which is lighter, has better aero, and fits over performance brakes.

I'd spend on both. And a lighter wheel with aero would be BOTH a performance and a range improvement. Not just a range improvement.

Please advise if you can find five other people that would spend $12k for 18 inch carbon fiber aero wheels -esp. those with the existing aeros that weigh ~5lbs/wheel more.

Good luck!

Reactions: pkalhan
Not my job nor would I ever spend a second of my time doing that for you sir.

Good luck!

heh, it wouldn't be for him- it'd be for you

If you can't find at least 5 people who want a highly custom part made for general sale it's not gonna get made

See all the previous custom/group buys where nobody was going to make something custom and expensive without a minimum number of willing buyers.

• Love
Reactions: pkalhan and P-Lo801
Not my job nor would I ever spend a second of my time doing that for you sir. Oh, and lets not forget the current Aero's DONT FIT on Performance Model 3's!

Good luck!

It's not for me - it's about your claim that there is a market for such an item.. Like I said good luck with your notion that there's a big market for aero type carbon fiber Wheels in an 18 inch size that will fit a performance model 3. See if you can find even just two other people willing to spend $12,000 on that. The fact that you're willing to spend $12,000 isn't contested. It's your claim that there's a real market for it like you said "if you build it they will come". No . . . . they won't. And unless you can convince a manufacturer that there is in fact a market for such an incredibly unusual item, you won't find it being made and therefore you won't be able to get it. Just basic economic theory

Reactions: pkalhan
Ummmm..... looks at performance model 3 in garage that came with 18" aeros..... blinks rapidly.

yeah i'm gonna call bs on that one. first off the M3 performance has different hubs, and secondly there's no option on the ordering page to order them without the 20's. post up some pics of those Aero's covering your Performance calipers.

I'd happily be wrong here. Truly. I'd be stoked if the factory Aero's fit over the Model 3 Performance brakes, and then mated with the larger hub. Maybe if you used a spacer / had the wheels milled out to fit the larger hubs.

oh and how do you explain the link in your signature to "DIY painted calipers". which showed your non Performance model calipers pre and post paint job. nice.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: ppower
yeah i'm gonna call bs on that one. first off the M3 performance has different hubs, and secondly there's no option on the ordering page to order them without the 20's. post up some pics of those Aero's covering your Performance calipers.

I'd happily be wrong here. Truly. I'd be stoked if the factory Aero's fit over the Performance brakes. maybe if you used a spacer, then had the wheels milled out to fit the larger hubs.

oh and how do you explain the link in your signature to "DIY caliper paint". which showed your non Performance model calipers pre and post paint job. nice.

You are wrong. They offered performance without the PUP (performance upgrade package) early on. These are known as "stealth" performance cars and were readily available up through Sep/Oct 2018. They don't come with the upgraded breaks, spoiler or pedals. It's basically an AWD format but with the performance speed.

Since your edit still shows you don't know what you are talking about.
“More Valuable” Stealth Performance Model 3 Unicorn

Reactions: Watts 4 Me