Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, Im thinking about wheels and I've been looking at the TST Sportlines. I'm pretty sure that someone mentioned that they have ordered some and I'm wondering if anyone in Oz has any experience with them or further suggestions. Ive got a midnight silver metallic MS on order and was thinking of getting the matte black or the blue grey TST's.

Thanks guys.

Hey guys, Im thinking about wheels and I've been looking at the TST Sportlines. I'm pretty sure that someone mentioned that they have ordered some and I'm wondering if anyone in Oz has any experience with them or further suggestions. Ive got a midnight silver metallic MS on order and was thinking of getting the matte black or the blue grey TST's.

Thanks guys.

Hey Xwing, I received my T-Sportline 20" silver turbine wheels a few weeks ago, yet to get my MS to put them on but will let you know how they go. Ordering direct was an easy process, just factor in the exchange rate, postage, GST and the excessive import duties, but even after that was still the best option for me. I managed to get a discount code when I purchased which saved 10%, not sure if still works but was "ts10".

I've also got a midnight silver MS on the way and love the dark wheels on them, but I felt the grey /blue colour from T-Sportline was a little off to my eye. So ordered the silver and will stick with that or get power coated dark grey before I get them fitted, still haven't decided yet! Wife wants silver, I want grey! (I guess it's silver then :rolleyes:).

Hey Xwing, I received my T-Sportline 20" silver turbine wheels a few weeks ago, yet to get my MS to put them on but will let you know how they go. Ordering direct was an easy process, just factor in the exchange rate, postage, GST and the excessive import duties, but even after that was still the best option for me. I managed to get a discount code when I purchased which saved 10%, not sure if still works but was "ts10".

I've also got a midnight silver MS on the way and love the dark wheels on them, but I felt the grey /blue colour from T-Sportline was a little off to my eye. So ordered the silver and will stick with that or get power coated dark grey before I get them fitted, still haven't decided yet! Wife wants silver, I want grey! (I guess it's silver then :rolleyes:).

Thanks Bradjc glad to hear it's fairly straight forward to get the wheels here. I was the same about the grey colour, it doesn't seem quite right which is why I'm now contemplating the matte black. I'm not putting any of these out there as an 'option' at this point, will just have them appear on the car when it arrives and hope they go in noticed :eek::).

Just noticed that there's some issues with rubbing with these wheels in the other thread so will be keen to hear how you go with that too. Do you have a delivery day yet?

Thanks Bradjc glad to hear it's fairly straight forward to get the wheels here. I was the same about the grey colour, it doesn't seem quite right which is why I'm now contemplating the matte black. I'm not putting any of these out there as an 'option' at this point, will just have them appear on the car when it arrives and hope they go in noticed :eek::).

Just noticed that there's some issues with rubbing with these wheels in the other thread so will be keen to hear how you go with that too. Do you have a delivery day yet?

Yep I've gone with slightly wider tyres than they recommend based on a recommendation from another TMC member. I was keen on Michelin Super Pilot tyres and only the 245/40/20 aren't available in Oz, would be perfect but less good options at that size for some reason. He said he has a slight rub with 255/40/20s on them in reverse full lock but every car is different so hoping not much of an issue there and my tyre fitter said they could tune slightly if there is a touch apparently. I'll find out soon! Delivery date set for first week of Aug so finish line in sight! Let me know which way you decide to go.

Reactions: Xwing
Yep I've gone with slightly wider tyres than they recommend based on a recommendation from another TMC member. I was keen on Michelin Super Pilot tyres and only the 245/40/20 aren't available in Oz, would be perfect but less good options at that size for some reason. He said he has a slight rub with 255/40/20s on them in reverse full lock but every car is different so hoping not much of an issue there and my tyre fitter said they could tune slightly if there is a touch apparently. I'll find out soon! Delivery date set for first week of Aug so finish line in sight! Let me know which way you decide to go.

From your research, did you see if folks mentioned significant range/ride differences? I'm set on the 20" TSTs for my white Model S, but still researching tires.

BTW, @GRYGHST posted photos of their Midnight Silver + Grey 20" TSTs. *drool*

Post a picture of your facelifted Model S

From your research, did you see if folks mentioned significant range/ride differences? I'm set on the 20" TSTs for my white Model S, but still researching tires.

BTW, @GRYGHST posted photos of their Midnight Silver + Grey 20" TSTs. *drool*

Post a picture of your facelifted Model S

I tried to get this info and was assured ride is better than the 21"s on Michelin Pilot Super Sports and couldn't find any hard numbers on range as so many factors affect it. I just assume it would be minor and haven't worried too much. I'll be able to tell you more when I receive my MS very soon!

Yep, fit and look is great, no rubbing I can detect, but Im sure it's close. I'm on coils and RWD so my guess is that's the difference. I had the stock wheels for a week, but couldn't wait to see the 20" wheels on and really love the look. My wife could hardly tell the difference between them but it has really made the car for me. I wrestled with which way to go for ages, but now it's here I'm happy. If you go for aftermarket wheels will you sell or keep the stock wheels? I've decided to hang on to mine and paint them I think. The 19" Michelin Primacy tyres are quieter and more efficient so will rotate them every now and then with the 20"s. The wait is a killer but it will be here before you know it!

I'm the same RWD and on coils so that's good to hear! The 19" actually look great powder coated and I'm contemplating doing that instead of a whole new set of rims first up. I'll have a couple of days with the car before I go off on holiday for a week so I could get the powder coating done in the time I'm away I guess. Tough call.

Hey @EcoCloudIT Happy enough with coils, air suspension was on my initial wish list but after a drive in both figured that was an option I could go without. New lower profile 20" wheels and the Michelin PSS are a little firmer so maybe could benefit from air suspension but I'm happy. Here are a couple of quick pics I took the other day, should have taken them straight after install while they were still clean!

IMG_4362.JPG

IMG_4363.JPG
IMG_4365.JPG

IMG_4376.JPG

Looks great Brad....I'm happy with my 21's but doing it again I'd go the 20's you've selected...they look great and I think a good balance between looks and comfort/cost etc.....great colour...really nice.

Who did your tint and what'd you end up going for in terms of brand, darkness etc?

Looks great Brad....I'm happy with my 21's but doing it again I'd go the 20's you've selected...they look great and I think a good balance between looks and comfort/cost etc.....great colour...really nice.

Who did your tint and what'd you end up going for in terms of brand, darkness etc?

Thanks mate! Great to finally have it!

Tint from Tint-a-car Bendigo only because I've used the same guy there 3 times now and he's been great. Rewarding good service I guess. Plus didn't feel like experimenting with a closer shop. They were worried about the windows moving every time the door opens and closes, that over time the edge of the film might deteriorate, so they trimmed a mm off the edge more than they normally would. I can't really tell. Darkest legal tint, not sure what their name is for it but they did a nice job.

Having just repaired one of my 21" rims which I cracked but don't remember hitting anything really THAT hard, I think I'd go the 20" as well. Plus they do look great!