Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adjusting accelerator stiffness on Model S 2022 refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I searched around before posting, but didn't see a post addressing this directly. Is it possible to adjust the stiffness or firmness of the accelerator pedal on a 2022 Model S refresh (with matrix lights)?

I drove a friend's model 3, and the accelerator felt so much nicer, smoother and took less effort. I also felt because of how less stiff/firm it was, it made single pedal driving much more comfortable - the Model S' regen braking is way too hard and jerky, and being able to use less effort on the accelerator pedal would help a ton in releasing the accelerator slower to smoothen out the regen braking.

Has anyone done this before?

Try changing the regenerative braking setting to Low. If it is already on Low, try changing it to Standard. Perhaps this setting is corrupt in your User Profile. If changing this setting does not make any difference in feel (it should), try switching it back. Maybe it just needed to be toggled.

Try changing the regenerative braking setting to Low. If it is already on Low, try changing it to Standard. Perhaps this setting is corrupt in your User Profile. If changing this setting does not make any difference in feel (it should), try switching it back. Maybe it just needed to be toggled.
I’m 99% certain this setting doesn’t exist on 2021+ S/X.

I think they put it back earlier this year. This is the first google result: