Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adjustable settings "Valet" or "Child"-mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
well if we make it so each key have a default profile that is activate when you enter the car
and you can pin protect surtan profiles, so the "friend" / "valet" profile need to enter a pin to select a different profile
but you can still switch between your profile and the wife profile without needing a pin
and the you can set different limit on a profile, so I can make a profile to my friend

also a cool feature would be that the max speed is controlled by the GPS / navigation, as that knows the speed limit
also that it store the route on the map so you can see where it has been, and the color reflect the speed
and one more thing it would be cool if I can change profile via the phone, in case I forget to activate the valet profile

thinks I would like to set a limit on, via an option:
* change profile (pin)
* max speed (+10 i relation to navigation)
* max acceleration (0-60 in X sec)
* max distance from X,Y (valet can drive around the parking place but not leave it (it will come with a warning when i detect that you leave the area, before it stop)
* log max G force
* max volume (music)
* block web
* block driving history
* block navigation (so valet can get his thieve friend to clean out "home")
* set navigation to always show route back to where the profile was activated or location of your phone (when activated by remote) "patten pending"
* block or log access to glove box / frunk / trunk / 3 side doors / drivers door
* show that I will tip him if he connect the charger :)

You know what really needs to happen? In valet mode, the center screen should be on lock down. If the valet drives 50mph in my car, not that big of a deal. If the valet takes it one extra block, not that big of a deal. If the valet plays around with all the settings and changes things without me knowing, that is a big deal.

For instance what if the valet changes creep mode, suspension height, steering mode, regenerative breaking mode, automatic locking of doors...that would get me riled up if I had to go through everything and reset it to the way I like it. Really, the valet doesn't need access to any of that other than perhaps unlocking the doors and maybe popping the rear hatch.

Maybe mentioned above but the Valet mode should default in high mode.
Yes, great idea.

JKam is right though, the screen and systems should go into a mode that only allows the valet access to required functions to safely move, park and retrieve the Model S - nothing else. There are some very creative ideas on this thread, however, we've got to start somewhere. I'd love to see a more structured way we owners can submit ideas to Tesla so they can prioritize software releases. It's a a forum free-for-all at this point.