Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accident at Oxnard Supercharger Site

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking a look at the streetview (shot March 2017) it looks like the replaced the pedestals with the newer style and got rid of the fencing around the supercharger cabinets at this location sometime in the last year (likely with the expansion). Seems likely to me from the exit ramp configuration on 101 that this truck probably went to make a last minute dive for the exit ramp and turned into a vehicle already on the exit ramp, which sent it careening off the road.

This is what it looked like when I returned to my car after lunch. (That's my car on the left. It was undamaged.) The first responders cut power to the site, and I suspect it'll be down for a while.
IMG_0721.JPG
I think the Supercharger hit the truck

So, not to hijack the thread, but have you put any ham rigs in your S? I’m curious if they’d be of any use or would be completely unusable due to RFI from the electric motor and batteries. I had a hybrid some years back that made anything between 10-30MHz useless from the electric drive motor.

So, not to hijack the thread, but have you put any ham rigs in your S? I’m curious if they’d be of any use or would be completely unusable due to RFI from the electric motor and batteries. I had a hybrid some years back that made anything between 10-30MHz useless from the electric drive motor.
What do you mean, "not to hijack the thread?" That's exactly what you're doing lol.

Reactions: GSP, gene and Chuq
No doubt the Tesla bashers will find a way to blame Tesla. Like Tesla should not have located their Supercharger site there.
I wonder if there will be an additional rail guard installed between the supercharger location and the freeway?

I currently have to walk along a construction zone, and there is just a tiny fence between the cars lane and the pedestrian pathway.
20180402_135902.jpg

I think that a real temporary traffic barrier separation should have been installed, like at this second construction location:
20180324_121314.jpg

I just hope that no accident will occur, be I am wondering if there is any code requirement for construction zones?

In the case of a public place, like a Supercharger, should some bollards be installed to protect the users from any possible runaway cars?

Or just to protect the installation from accidental damage or vandalism?
9026336.jpg

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones