Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

AC died today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just got our Model X yesterday. AC only cools if the vehicle is moving over 30mph. Otherwise it is just hot air. Which means driving around DC during the day is like sitting in a mobile electric kiln.

I emailed the DS last night. Called again today and getting no love from the SC. It's a pretty disappointing experience so far.
Same problem. Condenser fan. Easy fix for SC once they get the part.

FWIW, my AC survived the trip through Vegas and Death Valley with a few hiccups. Mostly that I couldn't run the AC while Supercharging, which meant that we were forced out of the car a couple of times. There was one other oddity where I had to turn the AC down significantly (LO) in order to get slightly cool, and that was while driving through Arizona. It seemed to work itself out, though. I definitely think service will find something awry with my AC.

Reactions: vandacca