Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About time to unveil the D and something else

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know it doesn't seem logical BUT since the meeting is at an airport AND Elon has talked about an electric plane AND on their last earnings call they mentioned they were working on some very exciting things, is it just possible they may reveal an electric plane?? I am talking a smaller electric plane - not a jumbo jet, one that would carry 2 to 4 passengers.

^ This is my favorite idea so far! As you say, Musk does plan to do that but I'd say there's roughly zero chance of it now, at this point in Tesla's life. Unless it's an R/C Tesla plane. :)

What about "D" for Dark? The Design Studio will now an additional the paint colour called Dark thanks to the new paint shop. Depending on the viewer it may be black, brown, blue, green, or two distinct shades of grey. :rolleyes: Sorry couldn't resist when that crossed my mind

I know it doesn't seem logical BUT since the meeting is at an airport AND Elon has talked about an electric plane AND on their last earnings call they mentioned they were working on some very exciting things, is it just possible they may reveal an electric plane?? I am talking a smaller electric plane - not a jumbo jet, one that would carry 2 to 4 passengers.

I know it doesn't fit in with the current business plan and is highly unlikely BUT that would be supercool!

Random coincidence perhaps, but the Inyokern airport where P85D was spotted has also been the site of some electric plane happenings:
Chip Yates sets electric airplane speed record, lives to tell tale [w/video]

I'm also invited

I got an invitation to RSVP this morning to attend a "Tesla Unveiling" at the Hawthorn Airport (near Los Angeles) on October 9th. Is the Tesla 3 now the Tesla "D"? Was everyone invited?

I also got the invite. After rsvp there's no confirmation email or anything. Just the website say thank you for submiting your RSVP, we look forward to see you there.
So I'm just going to show up there and hope for the best

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see a Supercharger enabled 4/5 seater aircraft. Maybe next year :smile:The Pipistrel Panthera is the starting point. 145kW electro with an initial goal of 215NM range. Already flying in mogas configuration.Panthera
Panthera.jpg
Panthera_cockpit.jpg
Panthera_specs.png

First - Apologies about waiting so long to give the reveal on the "D" as I have been traveling.

No inside knowledge here, just an astute observer who has pieced together Elon's long planned and brilliantly executed master plan.
The master plan was long in coming and incorporates PayPal, SpaceX, Tesla and Solar City. Hawthorne Airport was the last clue to solving the puzzle.

D is for "Destroyer"- A super sonic flight capable Model S, Gull Wing guided, rocket propelled, solar powered, strategic military weapon.
The Destroyer is PayPal equipped to, within range, instantaineosly (4g) purchase all consumables on targeted countries,
rendering the population of said country incapable of purchasing consumables, thus causing civil strife and revolt.

Elon will hence forth be known as "Aluminum Man" after piloting the Destroyer on the 10/9 demonstration.

Tony Stark is living amongst us.

Minor Caveat to the reveal - It was a long trip and I may be sleep deprived.

There is no NOTAM posted to close the airport on Thursday in my search!

Which NOTAM are you talking about? I ran a report just now and didn't come up with anything that looks promising. There's apparently some unmanned aircraft flying in the area, the automated weather station will be getting some maintenance, VP Biden is visiting the area, and a 57' tower within 2 miles of the airport has the lights out on it. I don't see anything that would imply that the runway is going to be closed during this event.

Edit: Whoops, totally misread your post. I missed the "no". My bad... :)

Last edited:
Which NOTAM are you talking about? I ran a report just now and didn't come up with anything that looks promising. There's apparently some unmanned aircraft flying in the area, the automated weather station will be getting some maintenance, VP Biden is visiting the area, and a 57' tower within 2 miles of the airport has the lights out on it. I don't see anything that would imply that the runway is going to be closed during this event.
He said there was no NOTAM, as in 'no NOTAM in effect'. Read it again.