Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A tip to help keep vomit on the outside of your 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ChadS

Last tank of gas: March 2009
Jul 16, 2009
Redmond, WA
I don't mean to attract or keep vomit on your car - I mean, to keep it on the outside instead of the inside.

My Dad drove me to the emergency room the other day (boring story, all is fine now) in his new Model 3. I had the window rolled down, but I was afraid it might be difficult to lean out if necessary, especially far enough to miss the car. So when I felt the need to throw up, I asked him to pull over.

He did as soon as he could, but there wasn't space right away and as it often happens in these cases, there is not a lot of notice and opening the door soon became imperative. I discovered that if the car isn't completely stopped...that little button to release the door latch doesn't do anything. That makes sense, but is frustrating when you really want the door to open quickly! I did manage to use the "emergency" (it sure was) release handle to get the door open in time.

The rest of the ride I just stayed unbuckled so I could lean out the window. Dad's car was pretty dirty anyway.

Now you know. Be prepared.

My pilots hat worked as well for that. Years ago my 6 year old daughter was home from school not feeling well. Couple of hours later I needed to run to the bank and she said she was ok to come along. Apparently she wasn’t. I kept the hat on the backseat of 5.0 Mustang so I wouldn’t forget it going to work. I had to fly hatless until I could get another one delivered.......

• Funny
Reactions: SpudLime