Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A rock crack in the windshield: repair or replacement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you recommend to do with a rock crack in the windshield on Model X 2022: repair or replacement? Even a repaired crack weakens the windshield, plus it remains noticeable. Regarding the repair, I'm afraid Tesla doesn't make it right with flowing glue all around, plus I'll have to pay a $1,000 deductible (GEICO waves it for the windshield repair). Your thoughts?

I'm in awe and shock! Tesla has shared an estimate for the repair at 11 pm within an hour after I requested an appointment. What's wrong with them? With Tesla Finance, it took 3 months for them to respond. That's Tesla I know.

It's for $1,688.50 including labor and tax.

• Informative
Reactions: henderrj
For Safelite, which is partnered with my insurance, they say as long as the crack is less than 6" it's repairable. Given their criteria, I don't know if the insurance company will authorize a full replacement just because you want one.

Did Tesla repair it before and that's where all the 'flowing glue' came from?? Did you discuss a substandard repair with your insurance company? If that's the case, then they may pay for a replacement.